Welcome to the character page for the animated series, Braceface
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Alicia Silverstone (Seasons 1-2), Stacey DePass (Season 3)
The lead of the series. A socially awkward girl whose braces complicate things even more (especially since they got affected when a lighting storm hit while they were being fitted on her). Also a stout vegetarian, animal lover and activist.
Voiced by: Marnie McPhail
Sharon's best friend and all around tomboy whose really into sports
Voiced by: Peter Oldring
The initial male friend of Sharon's. Very much a nerd with every allergy under the sun but often there for his friends when needed.
Voiced by: Vince Corazza
Sharon's crush and eventually boyfriend. A nice guy who dreams of becoming a musician
- Official Couple: With Sharon for most of the second season and the end of the third
- Outnumbered Sibling: Ironically the opposite of Sharon, has three sisters and is the only son in his family.
- Second Act Breakup: Due to Sharon's actions in Dear Alden, despite her efforts to fix the problem.
Voiced by: Daniel DeSanto
Alden's best friend, a guy who tries to act cooler then he really is.
Voiced by: Katie Griffin
Sharon's once best friend and now rival on the school grounds.
- Alpha Bitch: The most popular girl in her class.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Her attitude to Sharon was started over a doll that had its head pulled off when they were grade schoolers. She accused Sharon of doing it, despite having no proof that Sharon did it. In the third season, it's revealed that it was Nina's cousin who did it.
- Evil Redhead: At first.
- Girl Posse: Gets a new one after Triangles.
- Heel-Face Turn: Once the truth of the doll incident is known
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Through most of the series, she does occasionally help Sharon and show some genuine kindness showing she still somewhat cares for the friendship they once had.
- Out of Focus
- Popular Is Dumb: Averted, as Nina's one of the top students in her class.
- Rich Bitch: She's one of the richest kids in school.
- Stepford Smiler: While she flaunts her wealth and fashion, she's actually quite lonely: despite being super popular, Nina has very few actual friends and her parents, while they do spoil her, don't spend very much time with her and are usually away on business most of the time.
Voiced by: Emily Hampshire
Nina's friend through most of the first season. She leaves her in the second season.
- The Ditz: A little simple minded.
- Former Friend of Alpha Bitch: Becomes this after Triangles.
- Heel-Face Turn: When she found out she had a crush on Connor and Nina made her choose between her or him.
- Hidden Depths: A backup career of her's is to be a heart surgeon. She also coaches soccer and has taken piano lessons since she was six. And is a really good fencer.
- Official Couple: With Connor in the second season.
- Out of Focus: Doesn't pop up much in later episodes.
- Verbal Tic: She says "like" and "totally" a lot.
Voiced by: Dan Petronijevic
Sharon's older brother, a seventeen year who had a growth spurt and looks much older then he really is.
Sharon and Adam's younger brother, a music prodigy but still in his growing phase.
Another friend of Alden's and a third member of his band.
Sharon's Big Brother Mentor
once she reaches high school. A aspiring fashion designer who makes can make clothes out of practically anything.
A girl that lives next door to the Spitzs' that Adam has taken a liking to.
Alden's girlfriend after he breaks up with Sharon.
- Always Someone Better: From Sharon's viewpoint.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Gets progressively more and more like this during her relationship. It comes to a head in season three after hearing Alden dedicate a song to Sharon—though only on a professional level as she helped write it. She forces Alden to un-invite Sharon for a weekend trip to a lake—Sharon didn't get the message thanks to her braces erasing the message on the answering machine. Eventually, however, Alden and Marlo realize its not going to work and they mutually break up.
Daughter of Helen's Junior High friend, Marsha.