Voiced by: Kaley Cuoco (English), Maaya Sakamoto (Japanese), Xochitl Ugarte (Latin American Spanish), Pilar Martin (Spain Spanish)
- Bare Your Midriff: She wears a pink blouse that shows her midriff.
- Deadpan Snarker: Brandy never misses an opportunity to snark at Mr. Whiskers.
- Ears as Hair: Her ears make her look like she has pigtails.
- Exposed Animal Bellybutton: combined with Bare Your Midriff, her shirt shows her belly button.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Justified. Brandy is into fashion and loves to dress up.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Snobby and can be stuck-up, but she does care about Mr. Whiskers and the other animals.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Mr. Whiskers. They snicker and Brandy can't stand him sometimes, but she still cares about him.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: when Brandy isn't being snobby, she can be a decent person.
- Rich Bitch: Justified. She had owners who were rich and she was always pampered by them.
- Visual Pun: A female anthropomorphic dog who is a Rich Bitch, and a Alpha Bitch.
- You Go, Girl!: When she fights as a Masked Luchador.
Voiced by: Charlie Adler (English), Kenyuu Horiuchi (Japanese), Luis Daniel Ramirez (Latin American Spanish), Rafael Alonso Naranjo, Jr. (Spain Spanish, Season 1 and part of Season 2), Francisco Javier García Sáenz (Spain Spanish, rest of Season 2)
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Acts as a surrogate one to Brandy.
- Big Eater: Once ate his way through a pile of oysters as big as himself.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He is well aware of how unpopular, disgusting, and reviled he is viewed by others in the Amazon Rainforest, but embraces those traits as a part of himself as his own chosen identity and even uses them to help others at times. This is emphasized in his speech to a depressed Brandy in an episode focused on her mixed pedigree where he acknowledged that despite descending from notably skilled individuals and greatness he admits that "he stinks" in comparison and uses that to teach Brandy she can choose what she wants to be.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Brandy.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot: For a time, Whisker discovered he had an uncanny level of good luck that was connected to his feet. Unfortunately, his luck ran out.
- Reality Warper: Essentially, in the traditional "cartoon characters can do the impossible" sense. Later explained when it's revealed that Whiskers has a talent with magic.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Making Ed cry in The Monster On My Skin, though he has a Jerkass Realization immediately afterwards:Mr.Whiskers: I don't want any more of your stupid food! I don't want any more of your worthless cures! If you can't help me, I don't ever wanna see your ugly face ever again. I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!
Voiced by: Tom Kenny (English), Kōji Ochiai (Japanese), Mario Filio (Latin American Spanish), Juan Antonio Arroyo (Spain Spanish)
- Break the Cutie: in The Big Game episode.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Only when he's telling stories.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has a rather dry sense of humor.Mr.Whiskers: Oh Ed, you're a genius!Ed: Thanks, Whiskers. And you're.....ummmmmm, I'm gonna have to get back to you on that.
Brandy: Okay, is it possible to work even slower?Ed: You know, I haven't given it that much thought but I reckon it just might be possible.Brandy: I was totally being sarcastic.Ed: Oh! Well, it shames me to admit it, Miss Brandy, but I don't traffic in sarcasm too much, so I don't really tend to recognize it when it is out there. You could give me a heads up, like, "Hey, sarcastic comment coming." Just let me know and then I'll--I'll have my eyes open. I mean, come on, a sarcastic otter? That'll be unnatural.
- And of course, this scene from the birthday episode:
- Jive Turkey: In Loathe Triangle, he makes fun of this trope.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: The scene from Con Hare where he dodges his way through a passageway of arrows.
- Playful Otter: Averted as he's more of a sarcastic type.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: In one episode, he states that no one owns the trees, sky or wind. He is so right about that.
Voiced by: Alanna Ubach (English), Takako Fuji (Japanese), Jessica Ortiz (Latin American Spanish), Chelo Vivares (Spain Spanish)
Cheryl and Meryl
Voiced by: Sherri Shepherd (English), Yurika Hino (Japanese), Carola Vázquez and Toni Rodríguez (Latin American Spanish), María Jesús Gil (Spain Spanish)
Voiced by: André Sogliuzzo (English), Hidetoshi Nakamura (Japanese), Arturo Mercado Jr. (Latin American Spanish), Chema Lara (Spain Spanish)
- Big Bad: The closest thing to a major villain the show has.
- Everything's Sexier in French: Subverted. Not only does everyone find him annoying, but Brandy even says in one episode that he sounds better without the accent.
- Villainous Crush: Occasionally shown to have one on Brandy.
Voiced by: Jennifer Hale
Voiced by: Amy Davidson (English), Gaby Ugarte (Latin American Spanish)
- Alpha Bitch: More so than Brandy.
- Jerk Ass: Would rather save herself than help out Mr. Whiskers.