- Designated Villain: Scally from "Scally's Stuff".
- Idiot Plot/ Informed Wrongness:
- "Scally's Stuff". As stated in Designated Villain, he's seen as this to the other tugs after they didn't want to use his stuff as it was useless. The episode was trying to point out that buying extra stuff isn't all that great. The problem wasn't Scally; it was how the tugs were using the stuff. Plus it wasn't like he scammed the tugs as he actually gave them the stuff for free.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic:
- Hank in "Hank and the Hug". Hank gets pissed at the other tugboats for not wanting to play with him, even though they all have jobs to do.
- Emily in Theodore In The Middle. George making an official complaint about Emily being late to the morning work meeting was treated as a Kick the Dog moment, and the rest of the episode tries to play it as Both Sides Have a Point. However, the Dispatcher wouldn't have given George the option of making a complaint if Emily wasn't breaking the rules. Rather than owing up to her mistakes, she instead gets mad at George, kickstarting the main plot of the episode.
YMMV / Theodore Tugboat