- Author's Saving Throw: Stormlilly, the user who wrote the Shit Pasta "Xenophilia" was later featured again in a new video for another one of their stories, "Heliotropes", shortly after. It was more well-received in comments and by Mutahar himself.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Sometimes in oddly-worded or poor creepypastas. Particularly in "Conker's Bad Fur Day" when, in the middle of playing through the game, the protagonist suddenly takes a bathroom break before coming back. This leaves Mutahar utterly confused.
- Broken Base:
- His shift from mostly LPing creepy games and reading Creepypastas to more generic gaming and pop culture videos with his Deepweb Browsing series being one of the few elements left of his horror days. This coupled with the fact he went as far as purging most of his old Creepypasta videos from his channel has created a rift between fans of his old content and fans of the channel's new direction.
- People have also gotten tired of Mutahar's "discussion" videos where it consists of him talking about a recent event on the internet, feeling it detracts from the channel. The constant usage of ellipses in obviously click-baity titles doesn't help either.
- Critical Research Failure: During one episode of Nostalgic Web Browsing, he visits an older version of Capcom's official website, and makes fun of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, questioning why Capcom would do so many updates of a puzzle game. Funny enough, there is no Puzzle Fighter series, because that is the only game. Its title is a bit of Self-Deprecating Humor on Capcom's part.
- Ho Yay: Tyrin and Lonliness in "I Won't Leave You" get this a lot, with some Unfortunate Implications that Tyrin was a pedophile for how lovingly he regards the eevee. Word of God says that the two of them were not written to be involved in a sexual relationship, and the sylveon's sweetness comes from Author Avatar on one of the writer's side (the story was co-written) and nothing more.
- It Was His Sled: Some of the "Mindfuck" pastas can lead to this. Particularly "The Cosmic Destroyer", where in some cases the title gave the ending away when some of the readers recognized it as Giygas from Earthbound.
- Jerkass Woobie: Jason from "A Great Time".
- Memetic Mutation: The photo of Mutahar during his Ramadan pilgrimage became center of memes when he called out a user for accusing of being insensitive to Muslims...despite Mutahar pointing out that he is Muslim, something even non fans didn't expect (or at best didn't want to come off as stereotyping due to Mutahar's ethnicity).
- Most Wonderful Sound:
- Narm Charm: The appeal of "shitpastas" (creepypastas that were written to be serious, but end up hilariously bad) and trollpastas.
- Nausea Fuel: His playthrough of Sad Satan, full stop. Even with the blurred out images, the video is just very hard to watch between the descriptions that Mutahar gives of what he sees and his constant gagging throughout.
- Nightmare Fuel: Has its own page.
- Nightmare Retardant:
- If a creepypasta is flawed, no matter how scary others might have found it, Mutahar will not hold back on picking it apart. Usually with amusing or meme images, too!
- If any of the Shit Pastas were scary initially, Mutahar's read-through of them will hamper any eeriness it might have had.
- A lot of his creepypasta readings are usually done with completely normal gameplay video of related or vaguely related game which help to mitigate the scariness.
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny: The wiki regards creepypastas like "Jeff the Killer" and "Sonic.exe" with disdain, encouraging aspiring writers to step away from that path and stating that time has changed since those creepypastas were written, and that they weren't even that original when they were written.
- Mutahar's own opinion on Jeff The Killer and Sonic.exe has changed as well. In his original videos he considered both stories to be fairly decent. But now he sees them as just plain shitpasta's and has retracted his original opinion.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: After weeks of covering malware and scams that Muta believed were easily avoidable, he finally caved during a Discord malware episode and felt the need to emphasize this:Mutahar: So, I'm just gonna say it right now— DO NOT. CLICK. ON. SHADY. LINKS.
- The Woobie:
- While expected, some of the characters from the creepypastas he reads most certainly reach this level. Particularly in "Belief in Oneself", "Never Stop Running", "Lavender Test" among others.
- Mutahar himself after playing Sad Satan, an infamous horror game he found on the "deep web". The game contained images of actual snuff film gore pornography that made him start gagging at one point, and distorted music that made him feel physically ill. He even had to contact the authorities when he finished editing the video because of the game containing illicit imagery such as the aforementioned snuff porn, and later needed to make a video reassuring viewers that he is physically and mentally fine despite how sick the game made him feel.
YMMV / SomeOrdinaryGamers