- Alternative Character Interpretation: Was the second Pinkie Pie who appears in the diner a clone who Twilight missed? Or could it be the Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie? Josh Scorcher believes the latter is true.
- Base-Breaking Character:
- Opinions seem to be split regarding Plaid Stripes, the daughter of Rarity's Manehattan landlord. Fans seem to find her either as Adorkable as Twilight (she has so many ideas she wants to work on!) or irritating (those ideas are completely insane, but she's been spoiled by her father enough to think they're absolutely brilliant).
- Mr. Stripes is another questionable character between the fans. Either you view him as a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who deeply cares for his daughter or absolutely hate him for basically being a Russian mobster who deliberately extorts Rarity and gets away scott free with his immoral actions.
- Bizarro Episode: The setup is very unusual compared to normal episodes with a flashback in another flashback where the Mane Six recall giving interviews to a newspony in a diner, where they retell the event of the episode.
- Broken Base: After this episode's surprisingly positive reception, people are split over whether this episode, "Gauntlet of Fire", or "A Hearth's Warming Tail" was the best episode of the first half of season six. People who thought "Gauntlet of Fire" was the best respected it for not having any of the problems that Spike episodes usually have, people who thought "A Hearth's Warming Tail" was the best mainly liked it for its songs and moral, and most of the people who thought "The Saddle Row Review" was the best liked it mainly due to its great humor.
- Earworm: The little chant Twilight does as she tries to help the others focus in cleaning the store in tune with the upstairs rave music.Twilight: Sweep, Sweep, Sweep, Sweep
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- The second Pinkie Pie that appears in a few seconds in the background has gained a phenomenal amount of interest.
- The raver ponies dancing to DJ Pon-3's beats have quickly gathered a strong following. Especially the pink mare with the pigtails named by fans Pacific Glow.
- Epileptic Trees: The second Pinkie Pie that appears in the background is joked about being the next Big Bad.
- Fanfic Fuel: One of the clone Pinkies is still alive and travelling Equestria. What has she been doing and what does she plan to do in the future? Are there others out there? Alternatively, could this Pinkie Pie be the one from the human world or a disguised Changeling?
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Hype Backlash: The episode is widely considered to be one of, if not the best episode of Season Six by a great part of the fandom. So its no surprise to see some fans say it was underwhelming, especially when compared to what came before.
- Idiot Plot: All of the issues regarding the building itself (the dust, the raccoons, and the party palace) could have been resolved earlier on had Rarity not waited until literally hours before opening to actually look inside.
- Memetic Mutation:
Twilight: Sweep, Sweep, Sweep, Sweep
- "NO SPOILERS!"
- The little chant Twilight does as she tries to help the others focus in cleaning the store in tune with the upstairs rave music. It was, of course, quickly dance remixed.
- The fact that there's still one Pinkie Pie clone out there.
- Paranoia Fuel: A few people might find it scary that there's a second Pinkie Pie out there, as it looks like the double is stalking the original counterpart and displays more intelligence and self-control compared to her past clones.
- Squick: A seriously ill Coco Pommel sneezes right in Rarity's face, twice.
- Win Back the Crowd: Before the episode even aired some people were worried that it might reuse the lesson from "Castle Sweet Castle" when they saw the promo. Those worries were Jossed when the episode aired, since the Mane Six are at least trying to ask themselves what Rarity would want in this situation before they act. However, at one point, Twilight thinks they should try to solve the problems their own way, and in the end solving the problems in their own way actually turns out to be the right idea this time.
YMMV / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S6 E10 "The Saddle Row Review"