- Awesome Music: The entire film, really, but special props go to playing Pink Floyd when Peter and Ethan got stoned.
- Crosses the Line Twice: About 80% of the movie does this.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Aw, look, Ethan got on Two and a Half Men. Too bad it got canned.
- Ho Yay: It's heavily implied that Ethan is a homosexual.
- Shocking Moments: It starts with "Did that guy on the plane just shoot Robert Downey Jr?!" and just gets even crazier as the movie continues.
- On two accounts: one, the scene in the car before Ethan goes to sleep; two, when Peter, Ethan, and Darryl accidentally ingest Ethan's father.
- The fact that Ethan is the one cutting the baby's umbilical cord (while Peter is passed out from loss of blood) is quite cringeworthy. In what world would any doctor (or mother) actually allow a creepy Manchild like Ethan to do such a thing?!
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: In the same way that Rat Race is It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, except less creative and without all the famous comedians, this film is often passed up as Planes, Trains and Automobiles, but more cynical and without the famous comedians.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: On the one hand, Ethan is a Manchild who is going through the loss of his father and is clearly carrying a lot of pain and sorrow over it. On the other hand, he repeatedly breaks the law, endangers Peter's life, and is an all-around idiot who seems barely able to function. After The Reveal that he's been holding onto Peter's wallet all along and stole it so Peter would have to ask him for a ride, because Ethan wanted the company on his trip, it becomes almost impossible to sympathize with him.
YMMV / Due Date