- Broken Base: Dance with Devils Fortuna's ending. You're either happy that Lindo gets an on-screen happy ending, or you feel that the other boys 'got cheated'. Especially with the fact that the movie having Multiple Endings was promised, but ended up being a 30-second monologue of one of the male love interests depending on where and when the movie was screened with the actual ending going to only 1 person.
- Ensemble Dark Horse : Azuna is quite popular despite her lack of screentime and Killed Off for Real in episode 8. She won many fans' hearts for being True Companions to Ritsuka and capable Action Girl by fighting against demons, since she is an exorcist.
- Fanfic Fuel:
- There are a lot of fanfics going around focusing on past events, especially in the west since only the anime is readily available. Topics include Rem's past, Roen's time in Maksis's servitude and how the Tachibana sisters met their husbands.
- After Dance with Devils Fortuna, Marius ended up as a walking example of this trope since even after the movie and the stage play, very little is known about him and what effect he'll bring in future Dance with Devils content if any.
- Jerkass Woobie: Rem may be an icy and manipulative jerk, but it turns out he is the way he is by being in an abusive relationship with his father.
- Moral Event Horizon: Jek killing Azuna in Episode 8.
- Narm Charm: The All for you! sequence in Fortuna. It's Lindo's warning to Ritsuka about the Student Council and how he's going to protect her, but it alters between their home and a pub for cats.
- Stoic Woobie: Lindo puts away all the emotional pain he has endured to be there for Ritsuka.
- The Woobie: Ritsuka. Her content life is shattered when she witnessed her mother attacked by unknown men. Followed by Azuna's death at the hands of Jek and learning of her relations with Lord Maksis.
- The Un-Twist:
- Fans had been theorizing that Lindo and Ritsuka weren't actually biologically related ever since episode 2 showed a picture of the kids and Ritsuka's aunt. Notice how Lindo's hair color matches the aunt's, while Ritsuka's matches her own mother's...
- There's also the fact that it's a fairly common trope in the genre. When this troper's first thought was: "He is WAY too hot to not be in the harem. He's either adopted or her cousin."
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:
- Despite being the series' poster boy, Rem is the only member of the main ensemble to not have a complete backstory and the only way for people to know him better is through the PS Vita Games... which so far is not legally available outside Japan.
- Some people believe Urie, Mage and Roen to be this as they do not have any media where they end up with Ritsuka yet.note
- Among the minor characters, Marius gets hit with it the most. He only shows up in Fortuna and Fermata, yet has little to no character development to date despite the marketing hyping him up for the former. He also has the least singing lines of the main cast in both appearances.
YMMV / Dance with Devils