- Accidental Innuendo: The title of the episode "Sir Nut-a-Lot"... yeah. Thankfully, the Latin American Spanish dub changes the episode's title to the much less suggestive "Sir Cocolot".
- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Cargo Ship: Wedgie and his ship's figurehead, "Betty".
- Designated Hero: It's a little hard to enjoy Fred's antics due to the virtually Chaotic Stupid nature of his mayhem. This isn't made much better by his Idiot Houdini nature (like SpongeBob, but worse).
- Designated Villain: Mr. Greenrind just wanted some peace and quiet. He has all the right to hate Fred, especially considering Fred's Designated Hero status.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The epsode 'Master of Disaster' had a dog with a helicopter on his back as a background character.
- Signature Scene: One thing about this show that a lot of people remember is the video game references in "Sir Nut-a-Lot". Some people suggest watching the show because of those references and there are a few jokes and edits online.
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: This show is better remembered for being a Sponge Bob Square Pants knockoff. Even Rob Paulsen, who voiced the titular character, agrees with those complaints, though he responded to a fan question on Twitter and said he's not ashamed of any of his past roles (though in a different Twitter conversation, he admitted it was wonderful because he got paid).
- What Do You Mean It Wasnt Made On Drugs: Seriously, it's a whole show about talking fruit.
YMMV / Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island