- Crossdressing Voices: Tracey Moore and Britt McKillip, both females, voiced the male Bingo Cherry.
- Follow the Leader: It's SpongeBob SquarePants, plain and simple. It's got the tropical motif as well as the happy-go-lucky and unintentionally troublesome protagonist.
- International Co Production: This show was one between America and Canada, with voice actors from both countries being on the show.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Possibly the hardest to find cartoon Warner Bros. Animation has ever made. The show was never released on DVD or digital download, probably because of how many people detracted it for being a SpongeBob rip-off. Eight of the 13 episodes used to be on YouTube thanks to one of the series co-creators, but they've been removed. For everything beyond those episodes, however, there are only low-quality camrips.
- The widescreen prints of the show are even harder to come by, especially since Kids' WB! didn't broadcast their series in HD back then.
- In a Twitter post, HBO Max confirmed that this show would be added to their service in the future.
- Money, Dear Boy: See Old Shame below, but this is what prevents Rob Paulsen from completely regretting his involvement in this series, though he still highly regrets it.
- Old Shame:
- On his podcast, Rob Paulsen said that this was his absolute least favorite character to voice, mostly because of how obvious a knockoff of SpongeBob SquarePants it was. When asked about his feelings about it and the Bubsy pilot on Twitter, he said it was wonderful because he got paid for his part in them.
- Is also this to Warner Bros. Animation, as the company tried their best to pretend this series never existed, hence why they didn't release it on home media, and refused to syndicate the show to other cable networks like Cartoon Network and Boomerang (at least in the United States).
- The Other Darrin: Bingo Cherry was voiced by Tracey Moore for the first two episodes, after which Britt McKillip voiced him.
- The Wiki Rule: The Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island Wiki.
Trivia / Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island