- Awesome Music: One thing people seem to agree on is that the music for Ghost Head was quite good, particularly some of the chase themes.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Bates/Sho. Both are complete badasses, but Bates is also played by Roger Jackson, and he's the only voice actor in the game who does a good job.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: In The Struggle Within/Ghost Head, In the best ending, Alyssa Hale lives, but her father the only person she truly cares about is dead, along side her uncle and cousins. Before that her father also revealed she's the cursed daughter of George Maxwell. Oh, and the zombies have escaped and is running around in the city. While, Alex Corey leaves her alone at the street and swears he'll take care of the zombies. Subverted in the drama cd, where the whole story makes more sense and is played more realistically.
- Macekre: Ghost Head is set in Osaka, Japan. They try to fit it in California in the localization, despite everything being so Japanese. The references to Japanese folklore were completely removed as well.
- Scrappy Mechanic: The Struggle Within seems as if it was designed without guns in mind. It gets even worse when you play as Alex since the hit boxes to click on the zombies are really picky to where it is nearly impossible to finish unless you shoot each zombie in order of who walked in before the next. It also drags. The standard gameplay somehow had reduced difficulty over all. The only real difficult part about it is hoping you saved your game before you get locked into any of the bad endings.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: As a lot of reviews point out, The Struggle Within/Ghost Head is just a ripoff of Resident Evil (although it didn't start out as such - Memorial Pharmaceuticals was innocent, and George Maxwell was the one who released the zombies). The story however had potential, but the developers decided to Mind Screw us by letting zombies take over the plot after the first scenario and never fully explaining the backstory.
- The Woobie: Alyssa later finds out that her real father is George Maxwell, who went insane due to a lab conspiracy by her adoptive father and uncle to discredit him. Shannon, who is revealed to be her step-sister, has been neglected by her father and hates Alyssa with a burning rage. On top of that, the people she loved and cared for (except for Kathryn) and some people she met (except for Alex and maybe Cook and/or the journalist) are all dead by the end of the game.
YMMV / Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within