- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Murasaki Shikibu, shy young man with self-expression issues or covert son of a bitch who loathes everyone and only keeps a nice facade around them?
- Speaking of Shikibu, is Michinaga really a loving and supportive Parental Substitute to him or is he only slightly less abusive than his former family and uses the fact that he saved him from said family to demand the gratitude-driven loyalty that we see Shikibu showing? The fact that Michinaga stops an aristocrat from bullying a commoner woman he hardly knows, yet doesn't seem to do anything about the bullying that his own charge faces seems to cement the latter.
- Awesome Music: All of the opening tunes, really, but especially Kotohogi no Hana composed by Machigerita (yes, really), written by Yūki Takabayashi and performed by the five main cast members.
- Demonic Spiders: Enemies whose attacks get progressively stronger during a battle. They can One-Hit Kill your team if you don't kill them quick enough, even if you manage to fully replenish your team's HP. If your enemy's attack name is followed by a kanji numeric, you know you're in trouble. Especially annoying if they appear in the last floors of an event dungeon, their first blows are strong enough to deplete half of your HP.
- Fridge Horror: The Miko's amulet can rescue Men of Tsukuyomi who are eaten by shikigami. Okay, cool. But what about other humans who are not Men of Tsukuyomi who also get swallowed by them too?
- Good Bad Bug: The game sometimes mistakes Inoridono for the Ten country for some reason.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This game shares a lot of its cast with its Spiritual Predecessor Yume100 as well as an unrelated game Touken Ranbu. Name one voice actor in this game and chances are they either have a role in Yume100, in Touken Ranbu, or both.
- Atsushi is described on the official website as hetare. His voice actor is also known for voicing another "hetare" character.
- Shin-ichiro Miki, who voices Sakamoto Ryōma, has voiced Sakamoto Tatsuma in Gintama. He would later go on to voice Sakamoto again in another Bakumatsu-related otome game!
- Ōgai's appearance in the Tanabata 2018 event can be a pleasant surprise for those having read his Base story which features him and the heroine also watching shooting stars in one scene.
- Keiji and Hijikata have a special boss battle exchange in their Ren'aigeki forms. The former's voice actor has voiced Hijikata's sword.
- Ho Yay: Seeing as the game features a Cast Full of Pretty Boys, it's pretty much inevitable that some fans prefer to ignore the protagonist and ship the Men of Tsukuyomi with each other. The most popular pairing is Seimei × Shinsaku, while other pairings like Taishi × Imoko, Kamo × Hijikata, Kamatari × Fuhito and Michinaga × Teika also crop up frequently.
Katsura: Take care of Shinsaku. I'm telling you, he's more adorable than he seems.
- Teika and Narihira. Just Teika and Narihira. The second chapter of the former's story is basically dedicated to Ship Tease between them.
- This exchange:
Shinsaku: (blushes) Stop talking bullshit!
- Incest Yay Shipping: As mentioned above, the last two pairings listed involve members of the Fujiwara clan shipped together.
- Nightmare Fuel: Iemitsu's unhealthy obsession with Skeleton Motif. It gets to the point where he goes to battle sites to collect dead human skulls.
- The fact that some of the characters' routes promote blatant Romanticized Abuse, which we're supposed to take as happy endings.
- Genpaku's trying to dissect others at every opportunities he gets, all For Science! One wonders why he hasn't gotten a restraining order.
- The way Mitsuhide always grins when his special skills are executed when the team is low on HP. Hell, the man himself is essentially walking Nightmare Fuel.
- Sōseki's behavior, which includes trying to jump from the roof of his house and asking the heroine to eat him. He is mighty lucky he's still alive.
- As mentioned under Alternate Character Interpretation above, the fact that the one taking care of Shikibu and to whom Shikibu is fiercely loyal to is an all-around creepy Yandere of disturbing proportions makes for some first-grade Nightmare Fuel.
- Ikusa's being a perpetually warring state. One can only imagine what constant violence and bloodshed with little to no room for peace will eventually do to the lives of its inhabitants.
- The fact that being completely consumed by a shikigami results in Cessation of Existence.
- Playing Against Type: The deranged, deep-voiced Genpaku is voiced by Mitsuhiro Ichiki. We'll let that sink in for a moment.
- Tear Jerker: The fact that Katsura knows his friend Shinsaku moved to Miyabi and is not coming back, but still supports his decision.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Search for the Priest of the Moon. It would have made a great story arc alongside bringing back Seimei (the Priest of the Sea) if the Priest of the Moon wasn't revealed right off the bat to be Inaba.
- Trolling Creator: If the epic "Perry" April Fools' Day joke isn't any indication.
- The Woobie:
- Shikibu, my god, Shikibu. It's safe to assume he's the number 1 woobie in the entire game. Going through an abused childhood which leaves him with severe self-expression issues only to be on the receiving end of bullying which he doesn't have courage to stand up to because of said self-expression issues
It's enough for the heroine to actually hug him in-story.Shikibu: (flustered) I said be with me, not hug me.
- Katsura who apparently lives a life on the run and never gets a moment of rest or peace because of his activism, so much so that when he gets a chance to leave Baku for a while, he is immensely glad that for once, he can let his guard down and not be prepared to run at top speed on short notice.
- Shikibu, my god, Shikibu. It's safe to assume he's the number 1 woobie in the entire game. Going through an abused childhood which leaves him with severe self-expression issues only to be on the receiving end of bullying which he doesn't have courage to stand up to because of said self-expression issues It's enough for the heroine to actually hug him in-story.
YMMV / Akanesasu Sekai de Kimi to Utau