Sport Billy is a 1979 animated TV show by Filmation.
The series was based on the European comic character of the same name, and was shown in Germany and other European countries before its American airings (it was the last series from Filmation to air on NBC, and other than Gilligan's Planet their last series to air on American network television).
The story revolves around a young boy named Sport Billy who is from the planet Olympus (a twin of Earth on the opposite side of the Sun) which is populated by athletic god-like beings. Billy himself has a magic size-changing gym bag - the Omni-Sack - which produces various tools as he needs them. He travels to Earth on a mission to promote teamwork and sportsmanship. Described by the show's theme song as a "hero from another planet", Billy battles the evil Queen Vanda and her gnome-like henchman, Snipe. Vanda's mission is to destroy all sports in the galaxy since fairness disgusts her.
Billy is assisted by two faithful companions, a girl named Lilly and a talking dog named Willy. The trio travel around in a time traveling spaceship, which resembles a giant wind-up clock, complete with a ringing bell, and mounted on two rocket engines. Each episode the trio travel through time to save a different Earth sport from Queen Vanda's grasp.
- Aside Comment: Willy frequently indulged in these.
- Bag of Holding: Sport Billy's Super Sack is a Bag of Holding if ever there was one.
- Counter-Earth: Olympus.
- Distressed Damsel: Lilly, on occasion.
- Evil Laugh: Like so many Filmation villains, Queen Vanda had one.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Queen Vanda being the Big Bad of the show.
- Magic Hat: The shot had the title character sport The Omni Sack, which he could pull miniaturized versions of what ever plot-handy object was needed, from a soccer ball to a mini-sub.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Willy for the good guys, Snipe for the bad guys.