Familia Tipo (Typical Family) is an Argentinian cartoon. It was only released direct-to-video on VHS, and only one episode was ever produced.
The cartoon follows the Blanco family, which consists of a married couple, their two kids, and a grandmother. It's stylized similarly to The Simpsons in both art design and plot.
This series provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Most characters have yellow skin.
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform: Hector has an Imagine Spot about wearing an embarrassing clown costume at Wac Food.
- Black Comedy Burst: Brenda fears that, since Hector has lost his job, he'll need to start selling his organs for money.
- Bland-Name Product:
- The show features the fast food restaurant called "Wac Food" that is based on McDonald's.
- Instead of Sony electronics, the characters purchase "Sonyx" products.
- Comical Coffee Cup: In the theme song, Hector is seen carrying an "I Heart Papi" mug ("I Heart Daddy"). He accidentally spills coffee on himself when his young daughter grabs his arm and starts begging for something.
- Domestic Appliance Disaster: In the theme song, Brenda has to drag Hector to the kitchen and point out a burnt-out lightbulb. When Hector goes to fix it, he unscrews it, sticks his finger in the socket, and gets electrically shocked.
- Expository Theme Tune: The theme song describes the characters and how they're meant to represent the average Argentine family. It's set over a montage of bad things happening to Hector on a normal day in the household, interspliced with a card of the show's title flashing on-screen.Familia tipo es como vos!note
Familia tipo es como tu familianote
- Girlish Pigtails: The young daughter wears her hair permanently in pigtails. She's immature and bratty.
- Limited Animation: The Flash animation is stilted and stiff.
- Medium Blending: The pesos that Hector inherits are live-action photos edited into the episode.
- Ms. Fanservice: Brenda is a busty and curvy woman who always wears a red dress.
- Noodle Incident: Hector gets fired from Wac Food because he "flooded the bathrooms with ice cream". We don't actually see him doing this.
- Pint-Sized Kid: The children don't even reach the knees of the adults.
- Scratchy-Voiced Senior: The grandmother has a gravely voice.
- Shout-Out: The kids ask for Pokémon and Digimon merch.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: The portly and, at most, average Hector has a Ms. Fanservice wife.