Wychwood is a sci-fantasy webcomic about rebuilding after the end of the world. It's rated for teens and up and updates twice a week
Over twenty years after the world was invaded and then rescued from a terrifying alien force, humanity has begun to master the strange magic their enemy left behind. After spearheading the wartime research efforts, an organization called Wychwood has become the leading authority on magic and is aggressively hunting for new things to study.
This is kind of a bad thing for Tiara, a delinquent who has been using a mysterious power to goof around for years without realizing the kind of attention it could attract.
- After the End: Humanity just had a devastating war with extradimensional alien elves. What little we saw of the infrastructure outside of the titular organization is mostly either badly damaged or abandoned.
- Affably Evil: While nothing clearly states that Wychwood is an evil organization, this surely is the vibe they give.
- Dungeon Bypass: The layout of the place doesn't matter much when you have terrifying fire powers and all gloves are off.
- Grand Theft Me: Lizard has the option to take over Felix's body at any moment during a mission. Whenever Felix likes this or not.
- Magitech: To the point that the spells feel and are handled more like computer programs or circuits rather than something arcane. Probably because humans encountered magic when they were relatively advanced already by themselves.
- Our Elves Are Different: They came from another dimension to conquer the world!
- Nightmare Sequence: Tiara had one of these. It is unclear yet if it is a Flashback Nightmare or Dreaming of Things to Come.
- Playing with Fire: Tiara has the ability to summon fire. A mild case of Fiery Redhead?
- Wham Shot: What the hell is THAT thing?!