In a world of fantasy and magic, rests a kingdom that is coming off a war with witches. Things are at a tentative peace though the royal guard still keep on the lookout for any witches. The leader of the kingdom, Deo, is trying to strive for a peaceful co-existence though his advisor and friend, Tan, is resistant to this as he thinks if they show weakness, the witches will take them over. While out and about, Tan goes to a recently opened bakery run by a woman named Aro that has been gaining popularity. However when Tan finds out she's a witch (albeit one that's peaceful), he callously uses his political power to have it shutdown because of his bias.
Karma comes a knocking though when in the following day, he suddenly wakes up to find himself turned into a bull. Naturally no one can understand him in that form...save Aro who he runs into in a twist of fate. Thus the two are forced to travel to undo the curse placed on him, unaware that something big is brewing by malicious forces that could plunge the kingdom back into danger.
- The Archer: Aro uses a bow to summon her spirits, though is likewise fairly good at shooting in general.
- The Atoner: Aro for some of her actions in the witch wars after seeing how much of a tyrant her Empress was.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: When Tan is first told that the curse turned him into his zodiac sign his reaction is relief that he wasnt born under Virgo.
- Baleful Polymorph: Tan finds himself turned into a bull at the start of the story and most of the comic's first season is trying to find a way to turn him back. Surprisingly Aro does manage in the middle of the story... temporarily. Tan ends up reverting back not long after. Though Aro finally gets it right correctly at the end of the first season.
- Bare Your Midriff: Every. single. character. Male or female, everyone in this world wears midriff-baring tops.
- Cliffhanger: Season one ends with Aro revealing to Deo she was the one who helped with the war, though Tan likewise reveals he had intercepted the letters she had shot to the kingdom and presented the plans she wrote down as his own as, at the time, he was desperate for any help with his strategies and didn't want people to question where it came from. Tan likewise had sent Aro a ring for his chambers should she ever want to meet him, but Aro reveals she lost it when she left the witches kingdom. Still, with Tan now back to human form (and much more humble to boot), Aro acknowledged as an ally, and the two confessing their love for one another, all's well that ends well... except we see the hooded figured, who was the true cause of Tan's transformation, having the ring in his possession.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Aro to Tan who has to buy her when she's captured by slavers, finding it humiliating to be rescued that way. Tan tries to mitigate it by revealing he pick-pocketed the merchants coin purse while he was talking to him. While she's grateful, she finds it less than heroic.
- Defector from Decadence: Aro from her homeland. She was horrified at what her Empress had planned for humans and used her skills to help them in their war with the witches. She realized the Empress would eventually find out about her treason, so just left before the Empress could punish her. However the Empress is of course still looking for her and wants to bring her back.
- Fantastic Racism: Witches have to deal with a lot of prejudice as a result of the war between humans and witches. Some witches, like Aro, even choose to hide their identity because of this. Not really helped by Tan reinforcing the systemic racism against their kind through higher taxes and openly treating them like criminals.
- The Good King: Deo is trying to be one and not repeat the actions of his father who was trying to eradicate all witches.
- Humiliation Conga: Tan indeed suffers a lot of humiliation after getting turned into a bull: captured and thrown into a bull fighter arena, forced to pull wagons after he's rescued, forced to stay in a bull pen when Aro and he stop at a hotel and the owner refuses to let stay inside, taken in by people who intended to sacrifice him to a mountain, etc).
- I'm a Humanitarian: The Witch Empress, Layla, as Aro finds out in a rather horrifying manner when she's speaking with her and she reveals she turned the previous royal advisor of the human kingdom into a sheep, slaughtered him and had him turned into lamb chops. Not helped by Aro having accepted to try some of it when Layla offered beforehand.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Aro basically just wants to live in peace and run her cafe. She was doing just that until Tan ruined it out of vindictiveness for witches.
- Jerkass: Tan at the start of the comic. The war with the witches left him with the impression all of them weren't deserving of any mercy regardless of if they're evil or not leading him to shut down Aro's cafe despite it being obvious she just wants to run a business. Even before then he comes off as arrogant and pampered. So naturally the curse and the journey to fix it knock him down a few pegs.
- Liar Revealed: Played with. Tan doesn't exactly tell Aro who he is at first and keeps putting it off. By the time he tries to, she's broken the curse over him. Naturally she isn't pleased the one she was helping was the one that closed down her cafe.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Tan suffers this no sooner then after he gets Aro's cafe shutdown due to the bull curse. Though Aro isn't the one to blame for it (at least not directly, she reveals she made the curse a long time ago, but certainly didn't cast it, someone else did).
- Mark of the Supernatural: Witches have a so-called birthstone at the back of their necks that contains their magic power.
- Psychic Dreams for Everyone: Layla is said to have had them, being able to see ahead in the future with prophetic dreams. It's how Aro found out about her plan to enslave humans and turn them into animals or objects to serve witch kind, as when witches sleep next to one another they end up sharing dreams and Layla's dreams seeped into Aro's after the two end up passing out from drinking.
- Red Baron: Aro is known as the Constellation Witch due to being able to summon constellation spirits.
- Summon Magic: Aro's main power in which she can fire magic arrows to summon spirits based on the constellations to help her.
- Supernatural Is Purple: All witches have light purple eyes.
- Vain Sorceress: The Empress of the witch community certainly is with Aro using her power to restore her youth on a weekly basis when she was serving under her.
- Western Zodiac:
- A lot of Aro's summons are based on the western zodiac signs.
- The curse that turns Tan into a bull is designed to transform the recipient into their zodiac sign.
- Witch Species: Witches are a common sight int he world of this comic. All witches share a purple eye-color and the birthstones situated on the back of their necks. Unlike most versions of this trope, witches in this world can be male as well as female.