Lyra is a quiet young lady who has taken over her grandmother's flower shop after graduating high school. A big responsibility, but she has some competent help in the form of Shon, her very handsome employee who constantly attracts girls to the shop intent on gawking, as well as boys to buy them flowers.
Too bad for them Shon is already devoted to his girlfriend... who is not poor Lyra. One evening, she heads out to the coast and starts having a good cry over her unrequited attraction, when the railing she's leaning on gives way, sending her plummeting into the ocean.
As she starts to drown, she is saved by a beautiful merman, who kisses her. Then she suddenly finds herself with a tail instead of legs. Thus begins Lyra's journey into the world of the sirens...
Can be read here.
This webcomic includes examples of:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Lyra (and a lot of her customers) pine for Shon, but he has a girlfriend. He in turn longs for Lyra but a chain of misundertandings has led him to believe she doesn't feel that way about him.
- Beta Couple: Tua and Pele.
- Cursed With Awesome: The sirens are cursed to lose their memories of being human, but in return they get a tail and underwater breathing when wet.
- Death Is Cheap: Zig-zagged. Some characters stay dead, but some do not. Thankfully.
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: As it turns out, this is what Lyra is to Ian is in the early stages, though it's complicated in that Ian can't remember Emilia, and the two characters don't stay romantically linked.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Do they ever. By the last chapter, the leads have all taken on the Siren's curse at least once, Lyra has lost Hona and Shon, and countless Sirens have lost their memory for good.
- The Empath: Sirens can detect a human suffering heartache — they literally see a glowing heart on the chest.
- Family Relationship Switcheroo: A potential one in the future. Since the resurrected Emilia is way too young to be Lyra's mother, but still notices their resemblance, she decides that they must be sisters. It's played for laughs.
- First Girl Wins: A male example. Shon, Lyra's first long lasting crush and childhood friend, is the one she ends up with.
- The Glomp: Ian introduces himself to Shon by glomping on Lyra. This earns him an elbow to the stomach.
- Maybe Ever After: The last image of the series is Ian and Emilia, implying this may be coming.
- Mermaid Problem: Ian and Lyras legs change on land, so averted. Not so much to the rest of Sirens. This is what killed Lyras mother when she couldnt give birth properly
- Mr. Fanservice: Both Ian and Shon. Chapter 9 jumps through hoops to contrive to get Shon shirtless, to the fangirls' delight.
- Muggle-and-Magical Love Triangle: In the first arc, anyway. Shon is a normal boy who secretly is in love with Lyra. Ian, on the other hand, is a Siren with no memories of his human life, who is starting to show interest on her. As the comic goes on, the love triangle element disperses.
- Power Trio: Lyra, Shon, and Ian grow into one of these.
- Two Guys and a Girl: Again, Lyra, Shon and Ian.
- Precocious Crush: Shon and Kori's little brother Coen has one on Lyra. She's 14 years older than him and used to change his diapers.
- Raised by Wolves: Ian doesn't really understand land mannerisms yet. Like not going through Lyra's stuff without her permission, or sitting on her counter.
- Shipper on Deck: Tua is "Team Ian" when it comes to whom Lyra should end up with, while Pele supports Shon/Lyra.
- Sirens Are Mermaids: Lyra calls Ian a merman at first, but they apparently prefer the term "Siren".
- They Do: Tua and Pele.
- Lyra and Shon mutually pine for one another, but the two go through a lot before getting together. And then go through a whole lot more before the end, but the last chapter ends with Shon proposing.
- Thicker Than Water: Discussed late in the comic between Lyra and Ian, with Lyra coming to the conclusion that while her birth mother is probably alive, it's the people she's found for herself—her adoptive grandmother, Shon and his siblings, Ian, and Tua and Pele by implication—who are her real family.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Ian, whose fangirls rabidly demand he stay that way.
- Wham Episode: Episode 84-85. The Poseidon is confirmed to be real. Ian became completely human. Shon kissed Lyra and took the siren curse upon himself. Pele was picked by the Poseidon for unknown purpose.
- Episode 163. Hona and Aleah are sisters.
- Wham Shot: Episode 117 has the final panel reveals that Aleah is the Poseidon.