Lyra is a quiet young lady who has taken over her grandmother's flower shop after graduating high school. A big responsibility, but she has some competent help in the form of Shon, her very handsome employee who constantly attracts girls to the shop intent on gawking, as well as boys to buy them flowers.
Too bad for them Shon is already devoted to his girlfriend... who is not poor Lyra. One evening, she heads out to the coast and starts having a good cry over her unrequited attraction, when the railing she's leaning on gives way, sending her plummeting into the ocean.
As she starts to drown, she is saved by a beautiful merman, who kisses her. Then she suddenly finds herself with a tail instead of legs. Thus begins Lyra's journey into the world of the sirens...
Can be read here.
This webcomic includes examples of:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Lyra (and a lot of her customers) pine for Shon, but he has a girlfriend. He in turn longs for Lyra but a chain of misundertandings has led him to believe she doesn't feel that way about him.
- Cursed with Awesome: The sirens are cursed to lose their memories of being human, but in return they get a tail and underwater breathing when wet.
- The Empath: Sirens can detect a human suffering heartache — they literally see a glowing heart on the chest.
- The Glomp: Ian introduces himself to Shon by glomping on Lyra. This earns him an elbow to the stomach.
- Mermaid Problem: Ian and Lyras legs change on land, so averted. Not so much to the rest of Sirens. This is what killed Lyras mother when she couldnt give birth properly
- Muggle-and-Magical Love Triangle: Shon is a normal boy who secretly is in love with Lyra and eventually has a Relationship Upgrade with her. Ian, on the other hand, is a Siren with no memories of his human life, who is starting to show interest on her.
- Mr. Fanservice: Both Ian and Shon. Chapter 9 jumps through hoops to contrive to get Shon shirtless, to the fangirls' delight.
- Precocious Crush: Shon and Kori's little brother Coen has one on Lyra. She's 14 years older than him and used to change his diapers.
- Raised by Wolves: Ian doesn't really understand land mannerisms yet. Like not going through Lyra's stuff without her permission, or sitting on her counter.
- Shipper on Deck: Tua is "Team Ian" when it comes to whom Lyra should end up with, while Pele supports Shon/Lyra.
- Sirens Are Mermaids: Lyra calls Ian a merman at first, but they apparently prefer the term "Siren".
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Ian, whose fangirls rabidly demand he stay that way.
- Wham Episode: Episode 84-85. The Poseidon is confirmed to be real. Ian became completely human. Shon kissed Lyra and took the siren curse upon himself. Pele was picked by the Poseidon for unknown purpose.
- Wham Shot: Episode 117 has the final panel reveals that Aleah is the Poseidon.