Persona 4TW Add-On is the sequel to both Persona 3 FTW and Persona 4TW, done by J.C. Scott, aka Strain42. It is based on the fighting game Persona 4: Arena, itself a sequel to the games Persona 3 and Persona 4.
The comic officially launched on The Duck on February 11, 2013 as an attachment to Persona 4TW. Prior to the official launch three preview comics were shown on Strain's Facebook page. Following the end of Add-On, the author released Gold'n Persona 4TW (based on Persona 4 Golden), which serves in part to connect the original Persona 4TW and Add-On.
The author began republishing Add-On on his new site here on May 1, 2016.
Persona 4TW Add-On provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Elizabeth towards Aigis.
- Chie to Akihiko
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Strain plans on putting some comics through what he calls a "Persona Filter" to demonstrate this trope. The preview comic where this is featured has Teddie in his Jack Frost skin.
- Big Damn Heroes: Appears a lot. Elizabeth and Fuuka in particular.
- Brick Joke: Elizabeth's flirty attitude towards Aigis in P3 The Answer was a one-shot gag since she didn't appear much. Come P4 Add-On, her crush has gone on full-blown stalker mode.
- Call-Forward: Also a lot for any future Sequel Hook. Marie's and Crazy Boyfriend Chick's names in Yu's phonebook list.
- Continuity Nod: "Ya dumb broad!"
- Critical Research Failure: Teddie experiences one in-universe when he meets Akihiko and says that according to Persona -trinity soul- you lose your Persona powers once you become an adult.Teddie: Why did I watch that? (gets smacked in the face)
- Eccentric Millionaire: Mitsuru plays herself up as this to get her way. And also offers the police force Kirijo research.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: This comic basically ships Chie and Akihiko.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Margaret is turned into one. Well, what else could you do if you reside in a limo with unlimited liquor and wine?
- Medium Awareness: Teddie, as per usual and General Teddie too.
- Ominous Foreshadowing: Lampshaded and parodied like hell.
- Palette Swap: The aforementioned "Persona Filters".
- Phrase Catcher: The return of Ken in Additional Add-On also brings back "Shut up, Ken". Labrys had it installed into a memory bank since it's apparently required for Shadow Operatives to know and Ken ends up saying it to his own Shadow copy, commenting how good it felt afterwards.
- Punny Name: P4 MC's name is used as a pun more than once in the comics.
- Suddenly Voiced: The Persona 4 MC, now known as Yu.
- Ship Sinking: Rise and Yu when they are reunited. MC is not amused. Word of God from the author's notes in Gold'n is that Yu will end up dating Marie instead.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Something which is considerably lampshaded, parodied, and played straight here.
- Shadow Labrys (towards Elizabeth): STOP IGNORING ME, BITCH!!