Hungry City/City of the Famished (배고픈 자들의 도시) is a Supernatural Action Comedy Korean Webtoon by Eucalyp and Hwi, originally published by Daum.
Jerome, a vampire, wakes up from a long sleep in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Even though zombies pose no threat to him, their rotten blood isn't suited for drinking. Hungry and desperate to find living humans, he encounters Mina. To save her own life, she offers him a deal: in exchange for protection, she will lead him to a safe zone full of other survivors.
Provides examples of:
- Action Survivor: Mina.
- Anti-Hero: Mina is prepared to use the lives of other humans as a bargaining chip to save her own. She also tries to leave George behind, even after he rescued her.
- Burn the Undead: One of the methods effective at killing zombies.
- Classical Movie Vampire: Jerome, complete with a standard cape, a coffin to sleep in, and a surname referencing both Bram Stoker and Dracula.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Vampire vs zombies.
- Crapsack World: It's a Zombie Apocalypse. What can you expect?
- Daywalking Vampire: Jerome, but he still hates the sunlight and other traditional vampire weaknesses, even though they don't harm him.
- Deal with the Devil: A deal with a vampire in this case. Mina offers to guide Jerome to other survivors in exchange for sparing her life and protecting her.
- Friendly Zombie: George.
- Frozen Fashion Sense: Jerome. Justified Trope, as he slept for many decades.
- Groin Attack: How Mina fights off Jerome when they meet.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Pretty much every major character seems to be named after a horror icon. A zombie named George, another one named Karloff, a human Mina and of course Jerome De Vladstoker. (Yeah.)
- Our Zombies Are Different: George retained his sapience, even though his body had transformed. Also, chapter seven introduces a giant zombie with great strength and hard skin that seems to only target other zombies.
- The Power of Blood: Jerome gets stronger from drinking it.
- Vampires Sleep in Coffins: What Jerome is doing at the start of the story.
- Villain Protagonist: Jerome is no Vegetarian Vampire. He enjoys hunting humans for food, and his partnership with Mina starts out purely self-interested for both sides.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Happens to Jerome when he tries drinking zombie blood.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The world is full of wandering zombie hordes, and human survivors are few and far between.