Colour Wheel is a Webcomic drawn by Christopher King chronicling the (mis)adventures of a group of teenagers whose problems range from the romantic to the mystical to the merely unlikely. The setting is roughly modern day with a mix of fantasy and sci-fi elements thrown in.
This Webcomic Includes Examples Of:
- Action Prologue: The comic opens with Violet plummeting through the sky, tossed from an airplane by a rampaging robot.
- Art Evolution: The comic started drawn on paper and coloured with marker, then switched to digital in Episode 1. Also compare the art in the previous link to the art at the beginning of Episode 2.
- Casual Danger Dialog: While avoiding death by giant robot, Violet takes a call from her dad.
- Colourful Theme Naming: All the named characters so far are named after their color scheme. Some are more blatant than others.
- Filler Strips: Come up from time to time as the author tries to balance creating a buffer and having a life. Fillers usually depict the day-to-day lives of the author, "Phillr Kitty" (aka Phil, a mildly psycho creature raised by LOLCats), and the snarky silhouette of an as-yet-unintroduced main character. Once a regular page goes up, fillers are moved to the Extras page.
- Have You Tried Rebooting?: Yes, I ''have'' tried turning it off and on again.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Why Red gave the robot lasers.
- Mayor Pain: Albus Ivory is an interesting mix of the Evil and Incompetent variants. He enacts crazy plans to take over the city, even though he's already the mayor; these plans are ridiculous, ineffectual, overly complex, easily thwarted, and cause massive damage to the city. And in one case, possibly every city on the coastline.
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: "You know how the city's name is 'New Chroma'? He's what happened to the old one."
- Mundane Fantastic
- Noodle Implements: Red's plan for taking out his rampaging robots involves Tic-Tacs, a vacuum, and Tae Kwon-Do. Though Aikido would work just as well. Or a mouse with a spoon.
- Quirky Town: In New Chroma, the extraordinary is ordinary and the once-in-a-lifetime happens once a day. The populace has become somewhat immune... those who aren't part of the problem, at least.
- Science Fantasy
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: NOT A BASE NOTHING INTERESTING THROUGH HERE WHATSOEVER. ("That sign was a complete waste of money.")
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: All over the place.
Minion: OH COME ON! Seriously? I've got freaking horns coming out of my head here, and neither of you has a response to that?
- To some people's exasperation:
Red: You're hiding in a sewer tunnel and ambushing people with trading cards.
Melanie: Horns are no longer exciting at this point.
Minion: You people suck.
Alt Text: Plus one of us spends his off days building unlikely machinery and accidentally demolishing chunks of public property. You can't really compete with that.