From the art desk of Clowprincess 223 (http://bwillettcomics.com), this doujinshi series was the first this author / artist completed in full and this artist's first doujinshi series. It seems like a stock mahou shoujo / Cardcaptor continuation fare, but it shows its differences after a while. The character interactions are very distinct, as the series is a strange amalgam of the dub, the anime, and the original manga. If you're familiar with Cardcaptor Sakura, you'll recognize a lot of reused plot lines, but with different resolutions and characters filling them, so it feels like watching the series unfold all over again.
The series has three arcs:
- The Star Cards: Torika becomes a cardcaptor and chases around her mother's former Star Cards. Progressively, we meet Torika's friends and learn that Sakura is in a coma (similar to how Sakura didn't have her own mother around while growing up... but not really).
- The Heart Cards: In order to bring Sakura out of her coma, Torika must transform the Star Cards she has captured into Heart Cards.
- The Emperor of Nightmares: An evil force is stalking Torika's dreams, as well as the dreams of Torika's friends. On the bright side, Sakura woke up.
- Stories From the Sakura Book: A bonus prequel that manages to unify the endings of the anime and the manga into a single continuity, before the events of the main series occur.
- All Just a Dream: The fight scenes in the Emperor of Nightmares arc largely fall under this category.
- Art Evolution: And how! The series basically chronicles the artist getting progressively better and better at drawing.
- Babies Ever After: One of the main premises of the entire story is that, not only did nearly everybody from Cardcaptor Sakura become a parent, but their kids are largely dead ringers for their parents.
- Butterfly of Doom: Torika fears cause one of these while attempting to capture the Return Card.
- Continuation Fic
- Covers Always Lie: Not once does Torika ever wear the outfit that she wears on the host site?s home page.
- DVD Bonus Content: For following and voting for the series on a comic-rating website, you were rewarded with a variety of Character Cards, now all available on the host website.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's Cardcaptor Sakura, but with Torika as the Cardcaptor.
- Generation Xerox: Particularly in the earlier chapters, Torika would go through the exact same methods (and plot) to defeat the Clow Cards that her mother used.
- MacGuffin: The photo album in the Heart Card arc, and the mysterious library book and the "gifts" Jeri / EON gave to Torika in the Emperor of Nightmares arc.
- Pet the Dog: With the literal dog, Tsuki.
- Prequel: Stories From the Sakura Book, joining the gap between the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie and the start of Cardcaptor Torika.
- Spin-Off: The upcoming Chaos Card Captor Torika assuming the thing ever makes it out of Development Hell.