"That's it! If brute force won't work... I'll use more of it!"
— Mirabelle, Brutus: A Shoujo Webcomic
This comic provides examples of:
- Anime Hair: In many bizarre forms, especially early on.
- Anyone Can Die: Brutus, the title character, dies.
- Art Evolution: Mutates rapidly until about Chapter 4.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Mirabelle (beauty), Narcissa (brains), and Juno (brawn).
- Big-Bad Ensemble: The shadowy figure from the end of Chapter 1, Prince Cassius, and possibly Narcissa's sister.
- Butt-Monkey: Alucanth. Despite doing nothing to deserve it, he's regularly ignored, attacked, and has his Dark and Troubled Past dredged up.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Alucanth.
- Elite Four: The shadowy figure's Four Warriors, who are also a Four-Element Ensemble.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Both Mirabelle and Narcissa.
- Evil All Along: Prince Cassius.
- Face Stealer: Italia takes on Alucanth's form by stabbing him.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": Headmaster-Principal Dean President (first name Dean, last name President).
- Meaningful Name: Quisler Wormsley is exactly as slimy as he sounds.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Brutus has four arms; this is not explained in the least.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Alucanth is a "vampire werewolf reincarnated ghost dullahan sidhe youkai nosferatu werebear dhampir."
- No Name Given: The psychic contestant from the speed eating contest. He reappears later, still with no name.
- Psychic Powers: One of the contestants from the speed eating contest is telepathic and can teleport.
- Refusal of the Call: Juno hears ominous voices in her head telling her the "Caesars have to be stopped"... and completely ignores them.
- Royal Brat: Mirabelle. She appears honestly confused by the idea that something she did could be wrong.
- The Chosen One: Mirabelle is told that only she can defeat the Caesars.
- The Prophecy: Alucanth is doomed to battle his own father.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Mirabelle's two friends, Juno (tomboy) and Narcissa (girly).
- Too Many Halves: Mirabelle claims to have at least three halves (plus an unspecified amount of dragon).
- Unsound Effect: Appear far more frequently than actual sound effects. Examples include "stealth," "block," and even "already undead."