Devvo is a British Internet series by Salad Fingers creator David Firth which has also been shown on television. Shot in Mockumentary/Day in the Life style, Devvo follows its titular character (real name: "Darren Devonshire"), an unemployed chav from Hull, as he buys alcohol, breaks into a car, tries to sell a bus ticket, and generally gets into trouble.
Although meant as a comedy, a great many confuse it for an actual documentary, and his satirical rap group, who perform songs such as "Crystal Meffin", have a surprising number of unironic fans.
Devvo contains examples of:
- Character Title: Devvo is the protagonist's nickname as well as the title.
- Desecrating the Dead: Upon seeing a dead pigeon, he kicks it to see if it's actually dead. When someone calls him out for it, Devvo tries to justify it by saying it was dead anyway.
- Emo Teen: He wants to use a found eyeliner to infiltrate an emo moshpit and do some "moshie bashing".
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Subverted when he tries to set a car on fire and complains, "What's the point of making them flameproof, anyway?"
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Ducks, vehicles— just about anything gets him angry.
- Honest John: Devvo tries to sell a bus ticket he finds and threatens passers-by who refuse to buy it.
- Mushroom Samba: We see him under the influence of "gas" (solvents), swearing incoherently at buses.
- Oop North: The series takes place in Hull, although it could be anywhere in the UK.