It can be watched here.
The original short film contains the following Tropes:
- Ace Pilot: Angela.
- Big "NO!": Angela lets out one when she sees Umella destroy the carrier.
- Chekhov's Gun: The sprites.
- Crusading Widow: Hinted at. Angela carries a picture of someone named Helen, which also contains a note. Later, we see Angela fire a missile with the words "For Helen" written on it. The official site has confirmed that Helen was Angela's lover.
- Eldritch Abomination: The creatures that are attacking and its leader are very strange and creepy looking beasts and machine-beast hybrids of unknown origin.
- Eldritch Location: The first episode only gives a brief glimpse of what lies below the sky, and it is not pretty.
- "Eureka!" Moment: Angelica gets the idea to target the sprites, and thus suffocate Umella, when she sees them cleaning Umella's pores, and realises that Umella breathes through her skin.
- Hell Is That Noise: Umella's screams and dying gasp.
- Left the Background Music On: Played for Drama. Throughout the first episode, we hear bits and pieces of the show's theme song. Andy's last line of the episode implies that Angela has been hearing the song too.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: According to Andy, the Old God Sutek had a lot of arms.
- Noodle Incident: Angela mentions Andy's encounter with an Old God named Sutek, but doesn't go into detail.
- Power Crystal: A city in the sky is powered by one of these. Angela mentions that it took 6 months to find the one her city is currently using, but it's said to have only one month's worth of power left.
- Robot Buddy: Andy, Angela's drone wingman.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: There are hints that Angela is one, including her tendency to have flashbacks, and her mostly flat voice except during moments of emotion or intensity.
- Taking You with Me: Umella's last act before her death is to destroy the carrier.
- World in the Sky: Perhaps. We see many falling trees and buildings, and there is talk about if there is any place for those who fall to land, indicating that these people are used to living in the sky.