Always the Same Blue Sky... is a Visual Novel about an unnamed protagonist who transfers to a school on a remote island. There they meet a beautiful girl named Kira, and are instantly smitten. Little does the protagonist know that not all is as it seems on this island, and the time they spend with Kira will have an impact on their life.
This story provides examples of:
- Becoming the Mask: In the good ending, Kira decides that she really does love the player character and can't kill them like she initially planned.
- Bittersweet Ending: In the good ending, Kira falls in love with the player character and can't bring herself to kill them, but this means she loses her human form.
- Featureless Protagonist: The player character is only vaguely defined so the player can project themselves into the character better.
- Gaia's Vengeance: Kira has no issues with needing to kill a human each month to maintain the human form because she is a nature spirit, and humans have mistreated nature.
- Green Aesop: Kira is very attached to nature, and talks often about how terrible it is that humans treat nature the way they do.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The way the game greets you.
- Humans Are Bastards: Kira feels this way, and the two main characters spend some time talking about this.
- Relationship Values: This determines what ending the player gets.
- Minimalist Cast: There aren't any characters besides the player character and Kira.
- Sailor Fuku: Kira wears one of these when she's not wearing a swimsuit.
- Title Drop: The ending of the game uses the title.