The game was followed by a sequel called Alto's Odyssey which trades the mountain setting for a sandy desert.
Tropes present in this game:
- Everything's Better with Llamas: You can free Llamas from their pens, and one of the playable characters (Felipe) is a Llama.
- Fragile Speedster: Maya can make backflips quickly, but her boosts don't last as long.
- Implausible Boarding Skills: The Sandboard upgrade in Odyssey allows you to climb up walls.
- In-Universe Game Clock: The game can change from day to night. Seeing the sunset or sunrise gives you a bonus.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Alto himself. He lacks any special abilities, but also any disadvantages.
- Mighty Glacier: Paz takes longer to backflip, but his boosts last longer.
- Video Game Flight: The Wingsuit upgrade allows you to fly for a short distance after you've completed enough tricks.