After publishing version 1.12 in 2013, Fayju decided to upgrade the game into a full Wide Open Sandbox. This could only be done on PC, and they couldn't do it all at once, so in November 2014, it entered Steam Early Access, where it is now being worked on to this day.
It is now a game where you can do new things like drive cars and ride pigs, enter new locations such as the underground sewers and outside the walls of Swindon, and no known plot.
Amazing Frog? provides examples of:
- Civilized Animal: The town of Swindon is entirely populated by anthropomorphic frogs that look like regular old frogs, and they seem to have normal jobs as well.
- Fictional Video Game: There is the arcade game Get to the Blimp!
- Furry Confusion: The pigs are regular pigs, while the frogs are regular frogs that can walk and drive cars.
- Mock Hollywood Sign: The town of Swindon has a Hollywood-like sign declaring its name just outside it.
- Recursive Canon: There is an Amazing Frog? arcade cabinet.
- Rule of Funny: The world of Amazing Frog? can have just about anything in it, so long as it's funny.
- The "The" Title Confusion: The Amazing Frog?, also known as Amazing Frog?
- The Wall Around the World: Swindon has a massive wall that is almost impossible to pass over unless you find the secret hole in the wall or jump high and far enough.
- Wide Open Sandbox: The PC version is shaping up to be this, with a lot of random stuff available for the people who try to find it.