Tasac is an unlicensed video game created by Thin Chen Enterprises for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1992. It's a vertical shooter in which, in 20XX, humans must defeat alien bionic mutants called TASAC to save Earth.
This game provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: The plot is entirely confined to the game's box.
- A Winner Is You: The game ends with a shot of the player ships flying away from an exploding base before looping back to the first stage.
- 20 Minutes into the Future: The game was made in 1992 and takes place in 20XX.
- Antagonist Title: TASAC are actually the alien mutants you must destroy.
- Engrish: The box misspells "alien" as "alient", and humans are referred to as "human being".
- Excuse Plot: The plot boils down to "aliens are invading. Shoot them."
- Sinister Silhouettes: Before the bosses appear to fight you, they're shown as a silhoutte.
- Year X: The box says the game takes place in A.D. 20XX.