Shoot 'Em Up meets Rhythm Game.
A game by cactus. It can be downloaded here.
It plays like a standard Bullet Hell Shoot 'Em Up; however, the ship's two special weapons—homing bombs, and an ability to instantly delete all enemy projectiles on screen—only function if the player activates them in time with the beat in the background. That's something the player better learn doing, since the ship's standard weak weapon certainly won't let them cut through all the enemies and kill the boss within the game's one-minute limit.
The game displays the following tropes:
- Bullet Hell: Though it's not about avoiding the bullets as much as about deleting them in time. But you can try and dodge if you want.
- Deliberately Monochrome: And you can switch between white on black and black on white.
- Destructible Projectiles: All of them can be destroyed at once.
- Double-Meaning Title: Does the "minute" in the Portmantitle mean "small" or "60 seconds"? Both, actually.
- Large and in Charge: The boss is significantly bigger than other enemies.
- Minimalism: The graphics are bare-bones and the entire game is essentially a bite-sized affair.
- Portmantitle: "minute" + "beat"
- Timed Mission: One minute for the entire game.