Linger in Shadows is a Demoscene game released in 2008 on the PlayStation 3, set in a dystopian wasteland featuring a cat, a dog, a statue, and a whole heap of ruins. The game was released to a highly polarized reception, with its high price, low replayability, and its extremely short playtime.
- Anti-Frustration Features: Failed to find a way to advance the story? After watching through a segment, the player gains the ability to rewind and fast-forward that particular segment, making it a LOT easier to find the way forward.
- Cats Are Magic: The cat appears to be able to control the black 'fog'.
- Ghost City: The game is set in one.
- Glowing Eyes: The tentacle monster has them.
- Scenery Gorn: The entire game is set in a crumbling, seemingly post-apocalyptic city.
- Silence Is Golden: The game contains no spoken dialogue.
- Starfish Robot: Who may or may not be the hero of the game.
- Taken for Granite: The dog, towards the end of the fourth segment.