In the game, you play an attack saucer craft that must destroy groups of three laser cannons on the planet's surface while evading their fire. At first the player's saucer has a wide range of mobility to evade the enemy laser fire, but as the waves progress, the mobility range gets smaller and smaller until the player can only move left or right near the top of the screen.
This game provides examples of
- Difficulty Levels: Four. The first three levels gradually adjust the speed of the laser cannon fire within the first several waves, while the fourth level just jumps right to the fastest speed after the first wave.
- Game Over: The game ends when you run out of ships or your score exceeds 999,990 points.
- No Plot? No Problem!
- Scoring Points: For every laser cannon you destroy.
- Shoot 'em Up: Some people refer to it as "Space Invaders in reverse."
- Taking You with Me: If your ship is hit by an enemy laser, you can steer it right on top of a laser cannon as it falls down to destroy it.
- Video-Game Lives: Four ships, with an extra one awarded every 1,000 points, though no more than six can be held in reserve at any time.