In the game, you play a thief named Lupin that goes into a bank to steal money laid out in a maze, all the while avoiding capture by the police. You could temporarily stun them by collecting the bag of money that appears in the center of the maze, or you could close doors and trap them in a passageway. Once you collect all the money, you must quickly get to the exit.
This game provides examples of:
- Endless Game: After 10 patterns, you play until you run out of lives.
- Every 10,000 Points: Just like in Pac-Man, you only get one extra life per game.
- Expy: The policemen are those of the Pac-Man ghosts, complete with their own nicknames: Stiffy, Scaredy, Smarty, and Silly.
- Maze Game: Of the Pac-Man variety.
- Scoring Points: By collecting coins as well as bags of money and various types of treasure.
- Tactical Door Use: By locking doors, the thief can temporarily trap a policeman, although this only works once per pattern.
- Villain Protagonist: The thief.