MAZEMAN is an Arcade Game-inspired Action-Adventure game created by Beautiful Glitch, the development team behind the Monster Prom series. It was released for iOS on June 16, 2021, with assistance from Crescent Moon Games, and for PC on October 8, 2021.
All of the world's mazes are part of a huge maze known as The Maze. Somehow, all our heroes have ended up there for their own reasons. The truth might never be revealed completely collect the bread crumbs and figure out what is The Maze and whats the secret behind it.
- Advanced Tech 2000: The Palette Swap of "Bomb-Building Droid Model 6" is "Bomb-Building Droid Model 6000", and its description notes how its creator must really want The Maze blown up to have built so many models so quickly.
- The Atoner: The description for "The Repentant" is that their sword has brought death to too many, and they now search to redeem their soul by fighting the evils of The Maze.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The Repentant, The Defiant, and a few other playable characters bring their own sword into The Maze.
- Hungry Weapon: "The Soulthief" came to The Maze to feast on the souls of monsters and make herself more powerful, which means in-game that she regenerates her shield whenever she kills one.
- Like Father, Like Son: The launch trailer has MAZEMAN describe how his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were also Mazemen.
- Man on Fire: "The Firestarter" is just constantly on fire, and leaves a trail of it behind when he walks. His description states that it causes him constant pain and he's come to The Maze to end his suffering.
- Monster Adventurers: One Secret Character is "The Zealous Soldier◊", a monster from The Maze that wants to prove its superiority to all of The Maze's other monsters. There is also "The Sentient Crystal", the only member of its race not simply wandering aimlessly in The Maze.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: "The Ghost" is a spirit haunting The Maze that can pass through solid walls, but its description questions if it's really dead, and if it can die again within The Maze.
- Palette Swap: Some of the characters share the same model, but have different colors and Unique Protagonist Asset, such as "The Ghost" and "The Unsung Hero", or "The Escapist" and "The Intergalactic Fisherman".
- Protagonist Title: The first available playable character is the titular "MAZEMAN".
- Sadist: "The Sadist", whose description states they thirst for violence, and whose sword causes his victims to explode.
- Secret Character: Although the player starts with a single protagonist, other characters with their own Unique Protagonist Asset can be unlocked, with the ultimate total being 24 playable characters.
- Showing Up Chauvinists: The description for "The Defiant" is that she's trying to make history and prove she's just as strong as the men that have been sent into The Maze. However, she's not the only female playable character.
- Time Stands Still: The Unique Protagonist Asset of "The Time Traveler" is the ability to temporarily stop time.
- Unique Protagonist Asset: Every single playable character has their own backstory and unique ability that corresponds to it, such as "Bomb-Building Droid Model 6", a robot that can destroy the maze's walls with its bombs, and "The Escapist", an escape artist fleeing imprisonment that can create portals to pass through walls.