- The Cameo: The alien in the opening scene was played by the movie's makeup artist, Steve Neill.
- Career Killer: Kim Milford was considered a hot up-and-comer thanks to The Rocky Horror Show, hence his starring role, but Laserblast ended those hopes. (He died a few years later, however.)
- Dawson Casting: 27-year-old Kim Milford as the teenage Billy Duncan.
- Dueling Shows: Invoked, when Billy blows up a Star Wars billboard late in the movie. Sure enough, it sparked a very brief feud between the two films... most people quickly came to the conclusion that Star Wars was better.
- Money, Dear Boy: Keenan Wynn and Roddy McDowall.
- Old Shame: Eddie Deezen (Froggy) has said on his Facebook page that he absolutely hates this film, to the point that he prefers to consider Grease his first film work. He refused to watch or acknowledge the existence of Laserblast for many years, until Mystery Science Theater 3000 featured it. He initially had an Oh, Crap! moment when he realized MST3K was riffing it, but he ultimately enjoyed it.
- Stunt Casting: Roddy McDowall's cameo as Doctor Mellon.
- What Could Have Been: A sequel was in production during the '80s, but got stuck in Development Hell and was cancelled due to budget restraints.
Trivia / Laserblast