On August 2012 during the 82nd Summer Comiket, the game received an Expansion Pack titled Homura Combat Blaze which adds extra missions (based after where the anime series ends), a retooled interface, and other added features. Unfortunately, the developers enforced on region-locking the game to prevent it from running on non-Japanese Windows operating systems. While this may prevent the game from being pirated from those outside Japan, it's also a big middle finger to importers.
Homura Combat features trope examples of:
- Action Girl: Homura, of course.
- A.K.A.-47: Some of the weapons Homura uses are based after real-world weapons, such as the game's MK-46 series of assault rifles and AW-4 series of rocket launchers.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The familiars in this game are in humongous proportions.
- Final Boss: Walpurgisnacht, naturally. The important thing to note is that unlike in the source material, Homura can actually win this time.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Via the H97 series of rocket launchers.
- Time Stands Still: Homura can use her time-stopping ability to take down foes with impunity.