Henry is a flea on a mission: collect blood for the helpless refu-fleas. To accomplish this, Henry will need to traverse the insides of numerous giant creatures and survive their dangerous insides to collect a sufficient supply. His job won't be easy, too. He'll need to face stomach acid, maggots, mosquitos, tapeworms, and other such hazards.
The game was funded on Kickstarter on March 29th, 2020. It was released on October the 29th, 2020.
Flea contains examples of:
- Advancing Boss of Doom: All the bosses in the game play out this way. You can't fight them, just run from them.
- Air-Dashing: Henry gains the ability to do this near the middle/end of the game.
- Black Bead Eyes: Pretty much everyone in the game has these.
- Evil Laugh: Before you face a new boss, we get a cutscene of the villain sending them out, and then laughing evilly.
- Mosquito Miscreants: One of the enemies in the game are mosquitos that fly back and forth in a certain area. Some boss chases have you being pursued by two mosquitoes.
- Nintendo Hard: The developer intended to make this game as hard as he could.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Henry. One hit, and it's curtains for him.
- One-Word Title: Flea, of course.
- Spikes of Doom: Plenty throughout the game. Touching them will kill Henry instantly.
- Temporary Platform: Some blocks will disappear instantly when Henry touches them.