Azurik: Rise of Perathia is an Xbox-only action-adventure game developed by Adrenium Games and published by Microsoft Game Studios in 2001.
Azurik is the protagonist of this game and he works for a group called the Lore Guardians. He is trying to collect elemental disc fragments from the realms of Perathia. That won't be easy, because Balthazar has been possessed by the Death Guardian, and he's trying to destroy Perathia.
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Backtracking: Some disc fragments can only be found by returning to an area with new elemental powers.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: The elementals are naked, but you can't see nipples or labia or anything.
- Blackout Basement: In some areas Azurik has to use his Fire Armor to light up the path.
- Broken Bridge:
- Ice blocks and energy barriers are blocking the path.
- A literal example: Azurik can overcome broken bridges by flying across with his Air Power.
- Check-Point Starvation: Can make the game very frustrating, because you lose all progress when you die.
- Closed Circle: Sort of. Each level starts off this way, but once you've passed it, you can go back to other levels.
- Color-Coded Elements: Fire Is Red. Water Is Blue. Air is Yellow. Earth is Green. The elements have the same color as their respective buttons on the Xbox controller.
- Elemental RockPaperScissors: Enemies have a weakness to a certain element or combination of elements.
- Elemental Weapon: The Axion can be empowered with the elements.
- Essence Drop: Enemies drop orbs of their respective element.