- Approval of God: The director of SHAZAM! (2019) was happy that he enjoyed the film.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Adam's managed to amass a very deep, detailed knowledge on the technical aspects of movies despite not going to film school. Instead, he says he got most of his knowledge from watching DVD Commentaries growing up.
- Big Name Fan: Of Michael Haneke, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Charlie Kaufman and Alejandro Jodorowsky, who respectively are his two favorite directors, screenwriter and creator of his favorite film.
- Colbert Bump: Gave one to the low budget kids' series Cool Cat Saves the Kids, to the point where he even inspired the creator to recut the first film.
- Can also be considered an Approval of God, as Savage himself commented on the video and liked the criticisms and thanked Adam for buying his DVD. His only complaints was on how Adam made Cool Cat look like a pedophile. (However, this was before Savage went on a militant streak against other Youtubers for criticizing his film, so his earlier approval probably doesn't count for much anymore.)
- Let's be honest: He (and RedLetterMedia) helped garner Neil Breen a larger cult fanbase for his So Bad, It's Good movies.
- Orphaned Series: His and Mark's commentary on the Pokémon anime. Copyright issues already made it difficult to upload them, but the falling out between Mark and Adum killed any chances of the series continuing.
- Schedule Slip: His "The Genius of Synecdoche, New York" last updated with a part 5, and there hasn't been another part for over a year.
- Song Association: He tends to use songs from shows he's seen. One example is Death Note, which was dubbed in Canada.
- Troll: On November 7, 2015, a teenager hijacked his Twitter account. However, the hijacker left YMS's Twitter feed after it turned out it wasn't as fun as he expected.
- Throw It In!: However, Adam still kept the changed handle of @2gay2lift, finding it funny.
- We Used to Be Friends: More of "We Used to Respect Each Other" in regards to Derek Savage, creator of Cool Cat. When Adam basically gave the Colbert Bump towards the movie, saying that while being heavily flawed it had some heart, Savage appreciated his criticisms and even did a recut of the film because of it. Unfortunately after Savage endured an implied Creator Breakdown and attacked several people who did reviews of Cool Cat such as I HATE EVERYTHING and attempted to justify his actions and failing to use the correct definition of "Fair use", Adam immediately went to IHE's defense and posted his own thoughts and a calm "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Derek regarding his actions. Derek took such an offense he deleted the YMS cut of the film and removed Adam's cameo in his later film.
Trivia / YourMovieSucks.org