- Acclaimed Flop: Although the show didn't do well in the ratings, critics praised it for its humor and legal experts praised it for how it lampooned the True Crime genre and played up the Hollywood Law expectations of the audience.
- Actor Allusion: Larry Henderson's name alludes to one of John Lithgow's movies, Harry and the Hendersons.
- Actor-Shared Background: Jayma Mays is from the Appalachian region of Tennessee, not far from where East Peck, South Carolina is supposed to be located. She is using her natural accent when playing Carol Anne Keane.
- Andie Mc Dowell who plays Larry's wife is from South Carolina.
- Adored by the Network: Apparently a personal favorite of NBC President Bob Greenblatt, who made a point of mentioning and praising it whenever he was promoting his network's comedy lineup.
- California Doubling: The second season was shot in Vancouver, Canada.
- The Cast Showoff: Kristin Chenoweth of course gets to show off her incredible singing ability in Season 2 - with an (In-Universe) 25 minute solo, no less.
- Casting Gag: French Stewart pops in for a quick gag with his former 3rd Rock from the Sun co-star.
- Executive Meddling: Larry is supposed to be a keen rollerskater, but the show's insurance company refused to let John Lithgow skate on camera, worried that he'd severely injure himself.
- Network to the Rescue: The show's ratings weren't stellar but it got a surprise second season renewal.
- No Budget: The showrunners voluntarily cut costs in every possible way for Season 2 to make the show more financially attractive, including moving to Canada, reducing the number of recurring characters, and completing production in just 45 days.
- Real-Life Relative: Carol Anne's doctor in season 2 is played by Jayma Mays' real life husband Adam Kaufman.
- Trailers Always Spoil: The second season's episode summaries revealed its overarching plot ahead of time.
Trivia / Trial & Error