- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: According to Lewis Lovhaug, Doug Walker thought his Catchphrase was "magic, bitch!" for some reason.
- The Cast Showoff: The special opens with Doug Walker singing a parody of "Oh What a Beautiful Morning", and it has an operatic quality.
- Hostility on the Set: Dan Rizzo proved quite unpopular with certain contributers. In addition to slutshaming Lindsay Ellis, Noah Antwiler revealed in his commentary to finding him annoying, even saying "God, I hate that man". His tenure on the site didn't last very long afterwards.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: This is the only anniversary special not to be released to DVD. According to Lewis Lovhaug, there are many contributing factors, such as music rights issues, how the special was shot, as it wasn't formatted for DVD release like the other movies, and because the original master was damaged when Doug Walker experienced a major computer virus in 2011. It can still be viewed on the site, however.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: Dan Rizzo (aka That Aussie Guy) got kicked off the site for slutshaming Lindsay Ellis.
- Talking to Himself: The whole thing is broken up by Ask That Guy, who talks directly with Nostalgia Critic and takes his photo with the others (and in just Acting for Two, Chester A. Bum pummels the AVGN while Nostalgia Critic is on the ground scrambling for his gun).
- Troubled Production: In a blog post, Lindsay Ellis said that the reviewers had yet to form the sense of camaraderie that there was in later crossovers, plus, among other things, an unnamed reviewer (implied to be That Aussie Guy) spread lies about Lindsay's sex life.
- What Could Have Been
- There was a brief scene with The Nostalgia Chick and Little Miss Gamer hitting each other with pillows and to balance it out, Noah Antwiler and Bennett the Sage volunteered to shoot a scene with them pillow fighting. When they actually shot the scene, however, Spoony and Sage then started acting as if they were sorority girls, giggling whilst telling each other to "stop it", before Spoony declared "I'm so horny right now!" This immediately forced everyone to break down in laughter, and render the footage unusable.
- Film Brain was going to be part of it, but he couldn't participate because of finals.
Trivia / TGWTG Year One Brawl