- Image Source:
- Alternate Universe
- Artificial Human
- Civvie Spandex (Superboy and the Ravers)
- Face Palm.Comic Books (Superman & Supergirl crossover)
- Hurl It into the Sun
- Island of Mystery
- Junior Counterpart (Superboy Convergence crossover with Kingdom Come)
- Kid-Appeal Character (from Super Sons along with Damian Wayne).
- Prematurely Bald
- Teamwork Seduction (Legion of Super-Heroes crossover)
- Executive Meddling: The reason behind Conner's death in Infinite Crisis. The higher-ups wanted a sidekick attached to one of The Big Three to die, as Supergirl had in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Originally, they picked Nightwing, but the writers were appalled at the idea of killing of Dick Grayson, one of the most beloved comic book characters of all time, and so the execs caved and settled for Superboy instead. Also, around the same time, DC lost a lawsuit to the Siegel family, and actually lost the rights to the Superboy name. DC has since gotten the rights back.
- Running the Asylum: Back when he was just a mere fan, Geoff Johns was specifically told that Lex Luthor was NOT a DNA donor in Superboy's creation.◊ Needless to say, Geoff ignored that when he started writing for the character....
- Screwed by the Lawyers: As mentioned above, DC actually lost the trademark to Superboy for a few years to the Siegel family. This led to Connor getting Killed Off for Real during Infinite Crisis and Superboy Prime to undergo Rapid Aging to become Superman Prime for a brief period.
- What Could Have Been: Jorge Jiminez released early concept art for Jon Kent shows that he was initially going to have an outfit similar to his Dad's original costume◊, Underwear of Power and all, or an outfit closer to his final design but with blue tights that matched the color of his jacket instead of ripped jeans. Other concept art showed him with a denim jacket over a red and yellow Superman T-Shirt with intact jeans.
Trivia / Superboy