- Actor Allusion: In White Oleander Claire (Renée's character) shows Astrid Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation — which Renee of course starred in.
- Career Resurrection: After having dropped off the radar for several years, she was brought back to the public eye with Bridget Jones's Baby. A couple of release delays led to her having a pretty active 2016 and 2017.
- She truly roared back with her performance in Judy winning her a Best Actress Oscar, thus joining the elite club to win in both Lead and Supporting roles.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: As Angie in Shark Tale, Katie in Monsters vs. Aliens, Vanessa in Bee Movie and Tammi Duvall in King of the Hill.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She gained twenty-five pounds for Bridget Jones, lost it quickly for Chicago and gained it back for The Edge of Reason. She didn't gain the weight for the third movie, and a line says that Bridget is now at her ideal weight.
- Fake Brit: Impressively as Bridget Jones. She kept the accent up full time on set, to the extent that Hugh Grant thought she was genuinely British. She also used an English accent to play Beatrix Potter in Miss Potter.
- Old Shame: In addition to the critically acclaimed films in her career, she also appeared, with Matthew McConaughey, in Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. Made while both were struggling actors, they were released after they had become famous.
- Reality Subtext: For Chicago she had no song or dance training and had to learn during production. In heavy contrast was co-star Catherine Zeta Jones, a trained dancer. This paralleled Roxie and Velma's rivalry.
- Romance on the Set: With Jim Carrey while filming Me, Myself & Irene.
- Star-Making Role: Jerry Maguire is recognized as her real breakthrough in Hollywood.
- Throw It In!:
- The duet at the end of Down with Love was added in because both she and Ewan McGregor had just come off doing musicals (Chicago and Moulin Rouge! respectively) and wanted to show off.
- For Me, Myself & Irene when Charlie and Irene are pushing the car off the cliff - Jim Carrey ad-libbed counting a very long nine. Irene's confused reaction is genuine.
- What Could Have Been:
- None other than Professional Wrestling valet Debra Marshall, of all people, was up for the lead in Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation because Renée had turned it down. She changed her mind and accepted it, and Debra was given a smaller role as a police woman.
- Three different endings were filmed for Bridget Jones's Baby. Not even the cast knew which one they would use until the film hit theatres.
Trivia / Renée Zellweger