- Big Name Fan:
- "How Much a Dollar Cost" was #1 on Barack Obamas 2015 favorite songs list. He and Janelle Monáe were the guests of honor at the Obamas annual 4th of July party in 2016 which just happened to be Malias 18th birthday.
- None other than David Bowie was fond of Lamar's work, listening to To Pimp A Butterfly constantly when it came out and using is as a driving influence for his final album, ★.
- Doing It for the Art: The intention of To Pimp A Butterfly.
- Uncredited Role: He's worked as an uncredited ghostwriter for Dr. Dre.
- What Could Have Been: Tech N9ne's Strange Music label had the opportunity to sign him along with ScHoolboy Q, but sent them both to Interscope in exchange for cash compensation.
- Working Title: To Pimp A Butterfly's title was supposed to be To Pimp A Caterpillar, with the adjustment of "To" to the number 2, making it "2 Pimp A Caterpillar". And if you take in Fun with Acronyms, it spells out "2PAC", or Tupac Shakur.
- DAMN. was originally titled What Happens on Earth Stays on Earth, a recurring phrase throughout the album, but was changed because it "didn't read right", according to Kendrick.
Trivia / Kendrick Lamar