- Approval of God: According to the official podcast for the series, Asimov was on the record saying that any film or tv production of Foundation would require changes to the plot and cast, just as a matter of making it film-able, and that he accepted the need to do so.
- Died During Production: Technically, Asimov never finished writing the Foundation series before he died. According to David Goyer, Apple made him map out the entire show from beginning to end to avoid an ending similar to a certain other epic television franchise.
- Saved from Development Hell:
- New Line Cinema had spent $1.5 million dollars to develop a film Trilogy for Foundation in 1998. Their failure to complete the project led to Peter Jackson's production of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. In 2008, the company announced that Bob Shaye and Micheal Lynne would be co-producers.
- Columbia Pictures purchased the privilege to produce a movie from an auction in 2009, and contracted Roland Emmerich as director and co-producer. The other producer chosen at the time was Micheal Wimer. Two years later, Danta Harper was hired on to the project.
- HBO allowed a leak in 2014 that Jonathan Nolan would be writing a television series based on the Trilogy.
- Skydance Media refused comment to an article in 2017 that they were purchasing the rights to a television series based on The Foundation Trilogy. Then, in 2018, another article revealed that they would be working with Apple.
- The first trailer from Apple TV+ includes executive producer David Goyer saying that people have been trying to make a Live-Action Adaptation of Foundation for fifty years, and Apple has finally done it.
Trivia / Foundation (2021)