- Completely Different Title: In Poland, the film was titled Mroczna Dzielnica (Dark District).
- Fatal Method Acting: During filming in Hamilton, a van was being towed along a street upside-down as part of a chase scene; stuntman Chris Lamon and another man were supposed to roll safely out, but Lamon apparently struck his head, and died six days later. Todd Schroeder suffered a concussion in the same incident. The scene was re-shot with the van moving slower and the stuntmen placed differently.
- Hostility on the Set: DMX did not enjoy working with Steven Seagal, describing him as a "dickhead".
- Old Shame: Eva Mendes called this a "terrible movie".
- Throw It In!: According to Stephen Quadros, the fight scene between Steven Seagal and Michael Jai White was not choreographed in advance; Seagal and White ad-libbed it during production.
Trivia / Exit Wounds