- Celebrity Voice Actor: There are plenty in the game, including Elijah Wood as Shay, Wil Wheaton as Curtis the Lumberjack and Jack Black as Harm'ny Lightbeard.
- The Danza: Alex Rigopulos as Alex.
- Development Gag: Curtis is based on the "Hipster Lumberjack" character that was used to test the game's engine. He wasn't initially going to be in the game, but he caught on with fans, so he was added into the story.
- Doing It for the Art: A lot of the Celebrity Voice Actors in the game took the Voice Acting equivalent of minimum wage.
- Fan Nickname: People tend to refer to Shay's parents and Sun Mom and Moon Dad, or in his mother's case some call her the Overmother.
- Playing Against Type:
- Elijah Wood as the snarky Shay.
- Jack Black as the restrained Harm'ny Lightbeard.
- Wil Wheaton as the paranoid Curtis the Lumberjack.
- Richard Steven Horvitz as the not-hammy or screaming Space Weaver.
- Hynden Walch as a little boy.
- David Kaufman playing the older, Ambiguously Evil wolf Marek.
- Jennifer Hale playing a non-Action Girl mother.
- Production Nickname: Before Shay and Vella had names, the production team called them "Space Boy" and "Sacrifice Girl". The game itself went under the names "Double Fine Adventure" and "REDS".
- Promoted Fanboy: Elijah Wood is One of Us, and first got Tim Schafer's attention by excitedly Tweeting about the game. They started talking, and he ended up being cast as Shay. At the official recording, he brought Tim Schafer and crew snacks.Elijah Wood: [holding up bag] "I brought y'all Rice Krispie Treats."
- Schedule Slip: Slated to come out 15 months after the initially announced release. Although the cause of the slip in this case is that they initially thought they'd only have enough funding to make a small Flash game and based their estimated release date of that.
- It has also taken 15 more months from the initial release to the completion of the game with Act 2.
Trivia / Broken Age