- Approval of God:
- Steven Spielberg personally gave Al his blessing for "Jurassic Park." Al, in turn, made sure the clay-mated Spielberg didn't get eaten in the music video.
- Jimmy Webb approved of the song too, and has twice started to sing "Macarthur Park" in concert only to bring Al on stage for him to perform "Jurassic Park".
- Creator Backlash:
- After some time, Al admitted he wasn't fond of "Achy Breaky Song", feeling that it was a bit mean-spirited.
- Al was understandably peeved when E! asked him to write a theme for Talk Soup only for the network to balk at using his song for the show.
- Real-Life Relative: Al's Aunt Dot is the jumping cave woman in "Bedrock Anthem".
- What Could Have Been:
- Mr. Lawrence was originally going to direct the video for "Jurassic Park" but was too busy with Rocko's Modern Life, so he recommended his colleague Mark Osbourne instead.
- "Talk Soup", about the E! show of the same name, was originally written as its potential theme song at the network's request. After it was submitted, E! told Al they loved the song, and then proceeded to never use it.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: The claymation video for "Jurassic Park" had an extremely tight deadline, with only two months of production to have it ready by October of 1993. Mark Osbourne and Scott Nordlund had to create a production facility from scratch in a private residential house in Reseda, then work round the clock, sleeping in shifts.
Trivia / Alapalooza