Alapalooza is the eighth studio album by "Weird Al" Yankovic, which was released in 1993.
- "Jurassic Park"note
- "Young, Dumb & Ugly"
- "Bedrock Anthem"note
- "Frank's 2000'' TV"
- "Achy Breaky Song"note
- "Traffic Jam"
- "Talk Soup"
- "Livin' In The Fridge"note
- "She Never Told Me She Was A Mime"
- "Harvey The Wonder Hamster"
- "Waffle King"
- "Bohemian Polka"
Tropin' in the fridge.
- Animated Music Video: The famous claymation video for "Jurassic Park." It went on to be a huge hit at various film festivals.
- Anything but That!: The narrator of "Achy Breaky Song" lists a number of schlocky music acts he'll gladly accept as a substitute for "Achy Breaky Heart."You can torture me with Donnie and Marie
You can play some Barry Manilow
You can play some schlock like New Kids on the Block
Or any Village People song you know
Or play Vanilla Ice — hey, you can play him twice
Or you can play The Bee Gees any day
But Mr. DJ, please, I'm begging on my knees
I just can't take no more of Billy Ray!
- Audience Participation Song: When doing "Bedrock Anthem" live, Al will turn the mic to the audience for the second "Yabba Dabba Yabba Dabba Dabba Doo now" of each chorus.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: The singer of "Talk Soup" says that he has no genitalia.
- The Cameo: Heather DeLoach reprises her role as "Bee Girl" (from Blind Melon's "No Rain" video) for the opening of the "Bedrock Anthem" video.
- Car Song: "Traffic Jam".
- Cover Song: "Bohemian Polka" is Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" done In the Style of... polka.
- Disney Acid Sequence: During the instrumental in the middle of the video for "Jurassic Park." This may be a parody of the music videos from the 60's (the era that "MacArthur Park," the song being parodied, was released).
- Dude, Not Funny!: Al himself later felt this way about "Achy Breaky Song", and apologized to Billy Ray Cyrus by donating money to his favorite charity.
- Everyone Hates Mimes: "She Never Told Me She Was a Mime".
- Evil Lawyer Joke: From "Jurassic Park":A huge tyrannosaurus ate our lawyerWell, I suppose that provesThey're really not all bad
- Face on the Cover: "Weird Al" as a dinosaur in a logo based on that of Jurassic Park.
- Filk Song:
- Food Songs Are Funny: "Livin' in the Fridge" and "Waffle King".
- Frank's 2000-Inch TV: Trope Namer.
- Incessant Music Madness: The narrator of "Achy Breaky Song" absolutely despises "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Rae Cyrus and is so fed up with hearing it all the time that it's making him unhinged, to the point that he'd rather die than listen to it.Don't play that song, that achy breaky song
I think it's driving me insane
Please don't play that song, that irritating song
I'd rather have a pitchfork in my brain!
- In the Style of...:
- It Came from the Fridge: "Livin' in the Fridge".
- It Can Think: In "Jurassic Park", parodying the "Unless it can open doors" scene in Jurassic Park, one of the velociraptors stuck behind a closed door sorts through keys on a keyring.
- It's All About Me: "Waffle King".
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Bohemian Polka", which takes Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" about a man facing execution and turns it into, well, a polka.
- Major Injury Underreaction: In "Jurassic Park", the narrator only admits to being "kinda mad" about getting his guts torn out.
- Mouth Screen: The video for "Bedrock Anthem" features Al's mouth.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The subject of "Waffle King" presents his waffle recipe as this.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Three self-descriptions in the song "Talk Soup" can qualify as this:
- "An anorexic codependent bingo addict stripper born without a chin."
- "A cross-dressin' alcoholic neo-Nazi porno star."
- "Your average schizophrenic nymphomaniac albino go-go dancer."
- Professional Wrestling: In "Jurassic Park", one of the T. rexes jumps off of a turnbuckle with the WWF logo on it.
- Rap Rock: "Bedrock Anthem".
- Record Producer: "Weird Al" Yankovic.
- Scary Teeth: In the video for "Bedrock Anthem".
- Small Name, Big Ego: Waffle King is actually a downplayed example since the Waffle King does seem to be a truly successful chef/businessman. But his ego is way out of control.Dont you know who I am? Youve gotta be kidding me! Im the Waffle King!
- Stock Scream: There's a portion of "Jurassic Park" that involves a lot of screaming, mainly stock screams.
- Suckiness Is Painful: The narrator of "Achy Breaky Song" hates "Achy Breaky Heart" so much that listening to it makes him physically ill.Don't play that song, that achy breaky song
You know I hate that song a bunch
And if you play that song, that nauseating song
It might just make me lose my lunch!
- Take That!:
- The video for "Jurassic Park" has the line "I'm afraid those things'll harm me/Cuz they sure don't act like Barney" accompanied by Barney's head getting bitten off by a real T. rex. When shown at his concerts, the crowd regularly responds with thunderous applause.
- "Achy Breaky Song" is all about one man's hatred of "Achy Breaky Heart." Al even lists other widely hated music acts which he claims wouldn't be as bad as "Achy Breaky Heart" but are still bad enough to be compared to nails on a chalkboard.
- Toyota Tripwire: This line from "Traffic Jam" provides the page quote:There's a motorcycle zoomin' past me
Watch what happens when I open the door!
- Would Rather Suffer: The narrator of "Achy Breaky Song" lists all of the lame music acts he'd rather listen to than Billy Rae Cyrus, and when he runs out of musicians to name, he decides actual torture would be just as fine.Tie me to a chair and kick me down the stairs
Just please don't play that stupid song no more!