SZS is a delightful Slice of Life comedy series which recaps my highschool days. The show has a fairly upbeat and silly tone. It started off as a manga drawn by the delightful Mr. Koji Kumeta and was later animated by Studio Shaft, who of course put their own unique and creative touch on it.
Apart from me of course, the show's cast, mostly made up of my close friends and classmates, include:
- Chiri Kitsu: An intelligent and hard-working girl and my closest friend. Seems to really like shovels.
- Matoi Tsunetsuki: A loyal girl who's very good friends with everyone and will never abandon or desert anyone. It's just Deep Love!
- Abiru Kobushi: Animal lover extraordinaire. Said to be a victim of Abusive Parents, but that's silly! Nobody here could possibly be suffering in a wholesome show like this!
- Kiri Komori: Our resident Zashiki-warashi!
- Nami Hito: Just an average girl.
- Kaere Kimura: A foreigner with Dissociative Identity Disorder, which is like whether or not you put soy sauce or ketchup on ramen.
- Meru Otonashi: She's a bit of a shy girl who prefers to talk mainly via texting, but her voice is really the Most Wonderful Sound.
- Taro Maria Sekiutsu: Another foreigner, who came to Japan through perfectly legal means. Hit our Prime Minister on the head once.
- Kagero Usui: Our resident fairy.
- Nozomu Itoshiki: Our wonderful Wacky Homeroom teacher! Is a bit odd in his habits, but that's alright, we all love him anyway!
So there you have it! Please enjoy!
...What, you're saying that Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei is a dark, morbid and surrealist social satire with a cast of psychotic stereotypes? That's ridiculous! How could a show like that exist so close to me?!
I'll just have to make it all better.