Por ella soy Eva (international title: Me, Her... and Eva!, / Lit: "For Her, I'm Eva") is a Mexican soap opera produced by Rosy Ocampo for Televisa based on the Colombian soap opera En los tacones de Eva. It aired from February 20 to October 7, 2012.
Juan Carlos Caballero Mistral (Jaime Camil) is a busy man working in Grupo Imperio. He is a womanizer who can never get enough. But when Helena Moreno Romero (Lucero), a single mother of one son and an ex-employee of Grupo Imperio, enters Juan Carlos' life, he begins to have feelings for Helena, something he has never felt before. Helena regains her position at Grupo Imperio and starts a huge project. They fall helplessly in love with each other and plan to marry and start a family with Helena's son Eduardo (Lalito). Although, given his background, Helena hates Juan Carlos Caballero and Juan Carlos pretends he is Juan Perón, son of an Argentinian ambassador. Helena finds this out and is heartbroken. She feels Juan tricked her and was looking for another "adventure", and also feels he tried to steal the project she had been working hard on.
Later Plutarco Ramos Arrieta (Marcelo Cordoba) frames him for embezzlement. While in his car, Juan Carlos hears the police sirens. He is chased by the police until he falls of a cliff and his car explodes. Thinking he is dead, the authorities publicize the message that Juan Carlos is dead. Helena is mourning and feels she will never forget her great love for him. Meanwhile, Juan Carlos is still alive but in hiding. He meets Mimi de La Rosa (Patricia Navidad) and they become friends. He tells her his whole story and how he must clear his name. Mimi helps him transform from Juan Carlos Caballero to Eva Maria Leon Jaramillo viuda de Zuloaga. He watches out for Helena and her son while trying to find evidence to clear his name. Although it becomes a very different and difficult life being a lady, Juan Carlos starts to realize his mistake and the consequences of being a womanizer. Eva/Juan applies for a job as Helena's assistant. She/he gets the job and at first, does not get along well with Helena. But soon they become the best of friends. Plutarco falls in love with Helena and becomes Juan's (biggest) enemy. Plutarco proposes to Helena, and Helena accepts. Although Plutarco had a wife, Antonia Reyes de Ramos (Christina Pastor) who died of a heart attack, he also has an ex-lover, Rebeca Oropeza (Mariana Seoane). Rebeca becomes his worst enemy; she is determined to ruin their relationship. But Juan is crushed and gives Helena every reason to hate Plutarco. As Eva, Juan will regain Helena's love, clear his name and realize his dream of being married and having a family with her.
This show features examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Antonia is that for her own husband Plutarco. He married her only because of her money, and despises her for being fat and for her annoying personality. And he hates having sex with her.
- Ambition Is Evil: Plutarco married Antonia only because she is his boss's sister.
- Awful Wedded Life:
- Antonia and Plutarco. Antonia doesn't understand why Plutarco seems to have lost all sexual interest in her. She does not know that Plutarch hates her and married her just because of her money.
- Helena's parents, due to the sexist behavior of Helena's father.
- Betty and Veronica:
- Helena is Archie, Juan is Betty and Plutarco is Veronica.
- Plutarco is a (bad) Archie, Antonia is Betty and Rebeca is Veronica.
- Big Bad: Plutarco.
- Big Eater: Antonia eats all the time. And Plutarco tries to take advantage of this to encourage her gluttony, causing her death.
- Plutarch. He marries Antonia, an obese and spoiled woman for whom he feels only disgust and contempt, hoping that her brother will give him a promotion at the company where they work. He wins, but it's not nearly as good as he expected, as his brother-in-law prefers his best friend Juan. He is then forced to have constant sex with the wife he despises, and his beautiful lover Rebeca constantly pressures him to get rid of his wife to marry her. He is also ridiculed at the company for having a fat wife while everyone else has thin, beautiful wives, and also because everyone knows he is only interested in her money.
- Antonia, a woman who suffers from health problems because of her obesity, and who suffers because her husband has lost all sexual interest in her. And before she dies, she finds out he had a mistress and married her just because of her money.
- Juan, who has his reputation ruined overnight, accused of a crime he did not commit, abandoned by friends and girlfriend. He is forced to forge his own death and dress as a woman to get his revenge.
- Chubby Chaser: Antonia believes her husband Plutarco is this. He is not. At all.
- Covered in Kisses: Antonia loves to do this to her husband. Plutarco hates it.
- Fat Girl: Antonia, who suffers bullying from everyone. Even her husband.
- Gold Digger:
- A male example. Plutarch marries Antonia just because she is sister of his boss and he believes that it will increase her chances of being promoted to the company. The promotion is not as good as he expects, and for Plutarco is forced to remain married to a woman he finds fat, ugly and annoying.
- Rebeca, Plutarch's mistress, who has had an affair with him for years and makes everything to kill Antonia and thus marry him. She has no idea that Plutarch does not plan to marry her at all.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Antonia becomes this when she suspects that Helena is her husband's mistress. She treats Helena with contempt and does her best to sabotage her in the company. She doesn't even suspect that the true mistress of Plutarco is her friend Rebeca.
- Ms. Fanservice: Considering we're talking about a Mexican telenovela, almost all the female characters in the plot are this, except for the protagonists' elder mothers and Antonia, who is obese. Rebeca in particular is the character with the most scenes wearing lingerie or naked.