Three pairs of siblings (one boy and one girl) answered questions about their siblings, each predicting the other's answers. After one round of the girls answering first (25, 50 and 75 points, respectively), followed by one round of the boys answering first (50, 75 and 150 points, respectively), the pair with the highest score received a $1,000 savings bond and got a chance to win up to 20 fabulous kids' prizes in a Bonus Round.
Game Show Tropes in use:
- Bonus Round: The Pick-A-Prize Arcade. Twenty prizes were displayed, 10 each for boys and girls. Before the bonus round, the girl chose six boys' prizes she thought her brother wanted the most; the boy did the same thing with the girls' prizes. Then, each sibling picked six prizes and kept each prize they matched, and won all 20 prizes if they matched 10 prizes total (out of 12 picks). The setup of the round guaranteed that each sibling would win at least two prizes.
- Double The Dollars: Close enough.
This show provides examples of:
- Christmas Episode: Laurie dressed up as Santa Claus for the Pick-a-Prize Arcade segment, with the show explaining that Laurie somehow ended up in the Iso-Zone, so he asked Santa to help out.
- Conspicuous CG: The kids were "teleported" to the "Iso-zone" before each round. The teleportation effect was pure 1980s-era cheese.
- "Die Hard" on an X
- Hollywood Nerd: Laurie's wardrobe included Urkel-esque suspenders and cheesy tweed sport coats. Combined with the horn-rims...
- Nintendo Hard: Getting all 20 prizes in the Bonus Round. The kids had to match on 10 picks out of 12.
- Non-Standard Game Over: If a team was leading by more than 150 when it came time for the final question, Laurie would announce that there was no way they could be caught and declare them the winners right then and there. This happened at least once.
- Pink Girl, Yellow Boy: The layout of the Pick-a-Prize Arcade. Girls' prizes on the pink pedestals, boys' prizes on the yellow ones.
- Rearrange the Song: A slightly re-arranged version of the theme would later turn up on Treasure Mall.